XF 1.1 Upgrade to 1.1 erased ToS phrase?

lasertits

I upgraded from 1.0.4 to 1.1 and prior to that I had created a very nice, long, detailed, custom ToS phrase for the Terms of Service page under Help. Upon upgrading, I found that my terms_rules_text phrase had been overwritten and was now the default Xenforo ToS.

Is this supposed to happen? Was I not supposed to edit the phrase but instead supply a custom page in the board options? I'm afraid I lost all the ToS data and I'll have to start all over, which is disheartening as I can't remember all the details of the terms and it took me all day to write / make... it was so clean and organized. This saddens me.

Part of me is hoping my custom ToS phrase content is still within Xen somewhere but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.

Just hoping for some clarification on this and whether or not it's bad practice to edit any default Xen phrases, after this I'd have to say it is... :( - Also have a glimmer of hope someone will know if I can restore the old phrase data...

I'm kicking myself in the ass too because I DID backup my 1.0.4 database but had a brain fart and didn't actually tell it to export any data... so all I was left with was a .sql file that's about 6kb... containing nothing of use. :cry:

Ah well, any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited templates and phrases aren't overwritten after an upgrade unless you specifically revert them.

Are you sure you didn't edit the master phrase?

Come to think of it, I must have. If I had to edit a phrase, would I select English US? I can't seem to find any options for phrases within a custom style.

zb1JI.png

Do I just create a custom language and put phrases in there? Thanks.

You could restore the 1.0.4 database, point 1.0.4 files to it and get the phrase again. Copy/paste it to the new 'english' language and delete the temporarily restored 104

Top Bottom