XF 1.5 Upgrade from 1.5.7 to 1.5.11

dalem

Please could someone advise on what I should do to upgrade from 1.5.7 to 1.5.11.
I purchased xenforo back in May of this year and so have version 1.5.7 installed.
I have been wondering for some time why there have been no emails from the xenforo team advising that there are updates available, so today I logged in and saw that there is a version 1.5.11 available. Great news.

My problem lies in the fact that I have changed one or two of the Default template files, and now I'm nervous that all of my changes will disappear if I upgrade to 1.5.11.
Here's a list of the files I've changed. If I click on Default Style the files below are in Red so I'm assuming they have been edited.

contact
EXTRA.css
forum_list
member_view
navigation
PAGE_CONTAINER

Is there some way I can upgrade and still save my edits?

Problem number 2:
I have quite a few add-ons installed and I'm naturally anxious that some or all of them won't function with XF version 1.5.11 and I'll be left with a trashed forum.
Please could someone advise on the best course of action to take for me to 1) upgrade the forum software, and 2) to ensure all of the add-ons function.

Bookmark 1.7
******* - Email This Conversation 1.0.1
******* - Recent Threads Sidebar 1.0.1
Export Thread 1.6
First Post 1.1
Image Resizer 1.8
New User Email 1.3
Remove Help 1.0
Remove RSS 1.1
Remove Sidebar 1.2
TaigaChat 0.5.5
Trader 1.2
XenForo Media Gallery 1.1.6
[XFA] Thread Template 1.0.0

Thanks in advance for your replies or advice.

dm

Any templates which have changed since 1.5.7 which you have modified will be marked as outdated and you will be prompted to deal with them either by merging or reverting and editing again.

For third party add-ons you will have to check the resource thread for compatibility and whether any updates are available/required.

I have been wondering for some time why there have been no emails from the xenforo team advising that there are updates available
Ensure you are subscribed to emails in your customer area - an email is sent for each new release.
There is also the Announcements forum which you can subscribe to and receive emails.

Any templates which have changed since 1.5.7 which you have modified will be marked as outdated and you will be prompted to deal with them either by merging or reverting and editing again.

For third party add-ons you will have to check the resource thread for compatibility and whether any updates are available/required.
Thanks for super fast response @Brogan
If I merge the templates does that mean it will keep my changes?
I'll check the add-ons resource thread as you suggested.
Also, will check on my subscribed email notifications to receive news on any further updates.

Thanks so much for replying.

Top Bottom