XF 1.1 Upgrade Error

Taylor J

Okay, I downloaded the "upgrade only" package and copy and pasted all of the files from that into my C:\xampp\htdocs\xf folder, but when heading to localhost/xf/install I get the following error:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xf.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 64
XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getFromDb() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 34
XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 597
XenForo_Application->loadOptions()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 779
XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 809
XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 730
XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingGuestUser() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 395
XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 47
XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/xampp/htdocs/xf/install/index.php at line 18

I was upgrading from 1.1.0 RC1 to 1.1.0 gold.

What's going on?

Decided that since nothing major was on that test install for local styling to just do a re-install of XenForo.

But I had to actually make a new database, after dropping all the tables and trying to reinstall XenForo gave me an error saying there was still tables in the database (I checked the box to say delete them anyways), and then gave me a similar (don't really remember what it said) error to the one I posted in the OP.

Without logging into your server to examine the files and database I can't make exact diagnosis. Make sure the library/config.php file is pointing to a database. If you are upgrading then the database should already be populated with XenForo tables and the internal_data/install-lock.php file should exist. If it's a new install then the database should be empty and internal_data and data should be empty.

Without logging into your server to examine the files and database I can't make exact diagnosis. Make sure the library/config.php file is pointing to a database. If you are upgrading then the database should already be populated with XenForo tables and the internal_data/install-lock.php file should exist. If it's a new install then the database should be empty and internal_data and data should be empty.

I know all of this :P. Install-lock.php was there due to me installing 1.1.0 RC 1, I then tried to upgrade, got the error in the OP, then I emptied the db, deleted the install-lock.php, and tried a fresh install of 1.1.0, which didn't work, but it really doesn't matter anymore as I made a new database and installed onto that.

Top Bottom