Update on XenForo development status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floren

Hi,

Like many others, I'm wondering what is the status of XenForo development.

When XenForo started to be sold as product, we got a wealth of information on a regular basis. We were also informed about the progress of newer versions and what features we will benefit from. Contrary to vBulletin where "silence" and "you will know when is out what's new" were rules of the thumb for new development updates, we benefited for a good source of information related to where the development is going. So users were always optimistic and looked forward to purchase more licenses.

Right now, we are at the same level with vBulletin communication. Total lack of information, developers are silent and nothing gets posted anymore. I understand that some personal issues might be affecting the pace of development. That does not changes the fact we should be informed what has been done recently, regardless of any issues that might stagnate the software creation.

I only hope this thread will persuade Mike, Ashley and Kier to post a public announcement. I also hope others will reply requesting an update also, forcing the end of this silent treatment we "enjoy" for a while. I would appreciate if the developers will not post something vague, nor the moderators close this thread which is probably the foundation of new sales and confidence gain for a good product.

129892zfz.jpg

He means that this topic has been brought up SO many times that it causes him to sigh.
I see, I don't read the boards... I only check the announcements and tutorials to see what else is new related to XenForo. The fact that many other people asked the same thing and got no reply does not concern you at all?

Kids images removed
No wonder nobody gets a straight answer, posts like yours force the mods to close a thread, instead of determining to developers to post more information. Time to grow up?

I'm interested to get an update mainly because my main financial gain is related to software development that also involves XenForo. If 10,000 people request an update, I expect the developers to consider this an important matter. If you post images with cats dancing macarena (which you decided to remove after), don't be surprised to have this thread closed in no time. If you don't care or came here to "sish", please refrain yourself from publishing posts similar to the one posted above.

If you read the countless other threads about this then you wouldn't have posts like that popping up in your thread ;)

Why would I read the other threads if there is no reply to what is asked?
I'm posting a thread as entitled customer with 3 licenses where I simply ask for others who share the same opinion to reply to this thread. Are you familiar how petitions work? Obviously not.

This is not a game where you can post bimbo images. Other people depend on software like XenForo as their paycheck comes from it.

Have you not read: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hello-again.30309/ ?
The developers are obviously busy. Is it so hard to give them a break for a bit?
I did, that is a personal thread posted by Kier which does not concerns me. I was recently very sick and hospitalized for one month while breathing through a tube but that would not concern my clients who hire me for my services, not my well being.

Read again the OP, it does not look like you understand what I'm asking.

I only hope this thread will persuade Mike, Ashley and Kier to post a public announcement. I also hope others will reply requesting an update also, forcing the end of this silent treatment we "enjoy" for a while. I would appreciate if the developers will not post something vague, nor the moderators close this thread which is probably the foundation of new sales and confidence gain for a good product.
Was that not a public announcement from kier explaining the "silent teatment"? Therefore you should just cool down and let things be for a while. I can get you having a financial dependence on the software, but TBH right now there's nothing super important the developers need to address, and as long as we don't lose brogan we should be fine :ROFLMAO:

TBH right now there's nothing super important the developers need to address
You are only 15 (just saw it, which explains your previous posts) so I don't get offended.
Instead, I will explain to you and other teen sigh'ers the economics logic. Right now I have several clients with large vBulletin forums who are hesitant to move to XenForo. They all say the same thing: "Floren, we cannot move to XenForo, we have no idea what is their status and their evolution." And they are absolutely right.

So I'm sitting on approx. $20,000 worth of contracts from my clients that I cannot cash because we don't have any XenForo updates. Do you understand now why is so important for me as well other potential customers to see some action? That phrase sums it all:
... the foundation of new sales and confidence gain for a good product.

I personally think a development status update is needed as well. There are many of us here who have a vested financial interest in Xenforo, this isn't a hobby to us. I see Kier has been busy with the spacebattles forum...is there not time to also post a quick development update to us as well? I don't think it's unreasonable to ask seeing as how it's been two months since the last update. Also, I would respectfully request that if you don't have anything to add to this thread other than "chill" or "you don't need to know more than you do" type remarks that you refrain from participating...I don't think that is too much to ask. :)

Why would I read the other threads if there is no reply to what is asked?
I'm posting a thread as entitled customer with 3 licenses where I simply ask for others who share the same opinion to reply to this thread. Are you familiar how petitions work? Obviously not.

Did you ever think if nothing was posted in the other dozens of threads that ask the same thing that yours will probably not get an answer as well?

I'm 46. While I understand your concern, the fact that you are disregarding other threads that have answers simply because they have personal information in them makes me....

*sigh*

And I'm not doing that to rag on you, Floren. I'm doing it because it's the forum equivalent of "are we there yet". And I'm a smartass.

Did you ever think if nothing was posted in the other dozens of threads that ask the same thing that yours will probably not get an answer as well?
Between you and me as friends, I had no idea dozen of identical threads were posted and frankly... I don't care about them since it will not get me any answers. I'm convinced that the developers will not go silent if many people voice their opinion united, not sporadically as it was done until now. Not complying with the wish of many customers is simply bad for business and will result on loss for XenForo. In fact, I had to argue recently with a large forum client who wanted to move from vBulletin to IPB, instead of XenForo. They will wait a bit more before they decide where they go.

Which determined me to post this thread and "force" the developers to get out of their taciturn mood which frankly is quite irritating and only generates tension among customers. I personally know the developers and I cannot explain their silence, so I'm forced to request this on the official site.
I'm doing it because it's the forum equivalent of "are we there yet".
Read what I posted above. I don't care that the next release is done in 2 years, all I care is to see some form of communication posted to customers: "Guys, we had a sand storm comming from London who attacked all our computers, which explains our silence. Luckily our backup was done so all development code is safe. So far we are doing a nice progress on 1.2.0 which will have the ability to wake you up and make coffee for you upon request."

If people see frequent updates, they gain confidence like they did when the site opened. What am I supposed to tell to my clients? That my crystal ball is turning red? Those guys will leave for IPB and never come back. And we are talking about HUGE sites, not minuscule 1 million posts forums.

Between you and me as friends, I had no idea dozen of identical threads were posted and frankly... I don't care about them since it will not get me any answers. I'm convinced that the developers will not go silent if many people voice their opinion united, not sporadically as it was done until now. Not complying with the wish of many customers is simply bad for business and will result on loss for XenForo. In fact, I had to argue recently with a large forum client who wanted to move from vBulletin to IPB, instead of XenForo.

Which determined me to post this thread and "force" the developers to get out of their taciturn mood which frankly is quite irritating and only generates tension among customers. I personally know the developers and I cannot explain their silence, so I'm forced to request this on the official site.

Which is exactly what every other thread starter thought when they made the same exact thread.

Which is exactly what every other thread starter thought when they made the same exact thread.
So you will have to get used because I definitely need some answers for myself (and my clients), I don't care 1 million identical threads were previously started. BTW, show me any of those threads where at least 1,000 people requested an development update from developers. There are none, or else something would be posted into Announcements.

If you know developers personally better ask them personally. You may recieve more clear and honest answer than we could get here by pressing them. They of course understand that silence is bad for business but they are silent. That means saying anything is even worse.

In the last Kier's thread he mentioned about lawsuits. So we can only cross finders and hope. Guess, in one day they will say all the info.

Reactions: Rob
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom