Upbeat Funeral Songs

DRE

Do you know of any sorta upbeat funeral songs? Something good but not so sad it will make you want to cry?

I hope everything is okay ...

these are some songs that came to mind.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
There are faster versions of this which may be more uplifting such as the following:

Here are some song suggestions anyway....

Paul Mac - gonna miss you

Nick Cave - Into my Arms

A friend had for her father - Frank Sinatra "fly me to the moon" as the last song when her father's coffin went behind the curtains to the actual crematorium. That was kind of a lightening of the mood moment, and a few people actually smiled or chuckled.

Always found the idea of "sad" funeral music strange.

Yes it is an occasion to mark someones passing, but I always thought it should be a celebration of their life instead.

If I ever have kids, im going to tell them I want heavy metal played at my funeral.. maybe some meat loaf, "bat out of hell" or "alive", or queen, "who wants to live forever" "dont stop me now" "we will rock you" "we are the champions" "friends will be friends"... the list goes on.... And possibly something "funny" played as im carried in/out the church... dunno.. something like magical trevor / look at my horse... things which people can remember the good and happy things about me, not be depressed even more by songs which, mean nothing / have no relevence to my life...

One of the best quotes ever in my opinion regarding life, and one I believe to be true

"someone once told me, that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I rather believe that time is a companion that goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment, because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. Afterall no1, we're only mortal"

"speak for yourself sir, I plan to live forever".

When my dad passed away a few years ago, we had the opening part of the funeral walking into the crematorium as Land of My Fathers (Dad grew up in Wales), then the committal theme of Abide With Me (because that's kind of what you do), but then theme as everyone walked out, we had something that *no-one* expected. And no, not the Spanish Inquisition.

It seemed so fitting.

Something old...

Something new...

Just a note, @DRE , it sounds like someone close to you has passed on or is about to. I know you don't know me and I'm not a friend, just some random dude on the internet, but if you need to talk or anything like that, you can email, call whatever. My real name is pretty easily found out (I'm not anonymous at all on the internet) and my phone number is in the phone book (or online because really, who uses a phone book any more?). You just want to vent or have someone to yell abuse at? I'm cool with it. Or if you want to get online and mow down some ninja zombie nazis I'm all for that as well.

I went through some tough times dealing with the same thing last year. You need an ear and this random dude has your back. I'm sure I'm not alone in this sentiment.

It's not upbeat and will make your eyes pour buckets, but I love this song.

Do you know of any sorta upbeat funeral songs? Something good but not so sad it will make you want to cry?

A death ritual is something sacred if you practice the custom. Without knowing the practices, mannerisms, tendencies and preferences which is the essence of the person it is hard to select let alone recommend a piece which would suit the occasion and would be honorable to the person being celebrated by being in fashion with their style since after all it is about them.

Example: If it was a young male who was 'everyday hustlin' , an appropriate selection would more than likely differ than that for an older female who did needlepoint over earl grey tea while watching reruns of the golden girls.

Without more information, I would say that you need to think of artists that the person liked and those that describe in a way attributes of that person be it directly or by association.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World -- remix blend by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole

Final Fantasy Main Theme (also called the master theme, because its in every final fantasy. usually in the credits if not the game)

And finally depending on the person, this can be both seen as inspiring or sad (depends on the person)

Frank Sinatra, My Way

@DRE sorry for your loss, whoever you lost.

A death ritual is something sacred if you practice the custom. Without knowing the practices, mannerisms, tendencies and preferences which is the essence of the person it is hard to select let alone recommend a piece which would suit the occasion and would be honorable to the person being celebrated by being in fashion with their style since after all it is about them.

Example: If it was a young male who was 'everyday hustlin' , an appropriate selection would more than likely differ than that for an older female who did needlepoint over earl grey tea while watching reruns of the golden girls.

Without more information, I would say that you need to think of artists that the person liked and those that describe in a way attributes of that person be it directly or by association.

Good point. It's for my friend's grandma who is Mexican. I haven't lost anyone. Sorry guys. lol Should've explained that in the beginning.

Top Bottom