• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Unsubscribe link from forum emails?

Ranger375

Is there a way to create an unsubscribe link that goes in the footer of all emails my site sends out. I know it's pretty easy to get blacklisted without one...

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Admin CP -> Appearance -> Search Phrases

Title Contains: watched_thread_reply_email_text

That will find the phrase for the notification emails:

Code:
{receiver_username},

{username} replied to the thread "{title}".

To view this reply and any others, click here:
{view_link}

You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

------------
To manage the threads you watch, click here:
{manage_link}
It already has a link at the bottom to manage your watched threads. This is effectively an unsubscribe link. You can just change the wording by editing the phrase.

Ranger375

Also, it would be helpful if we could include a similar footer in the "send email" to user feature. Since usually when I use that, I send a message to all the users. I tried incorporating it into a test email, but all it does is literally show {manage_link}

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Also, it would be helpful if we could include a similar footer in the "send email" to user feature. Since usually when I use that, I send a message to all the users. I tried incorporating it into a test email, but all it does is literally show {manage_link}
For that you can simply include the link to the Contact Details page when you send the email. For example:

Code:
YOUR EMAIL MESSAGE HERE

------------
To opt out of future mailings you can change your account preferences here:
http://xenforo.com/community/account/contact-details