Fixed  unspecified error when clicking avatar in 'inbox' menu

Jake Bunce

Go to the 'inbox' menu on the top right and click the avatar in one of your conversations. I get this error for a second before it loads the conversation.

Screen shot 2010-11-07 at 6.06.52 PM.webp

I only get this error on xenforo.com, not on my beta 2 test forum.

I just got a couple of these errors on my site out of nowhere. Strange.

I was just sitting on the forum homepage after posting on a thread. Any idea what could be causing this?

Just tried this on my test site (it has no mods/addons, just the core system and some posts).
Beta 3, and it has this same error, but it doesn't do it with IE just Firefox (that's all I have installed atm).
Put the site into Debug Mode, nothing extra pops up, nor are there any errors in the server log.

Yep... just upgraded a site to beta3 yesterday and been getting this heaps now... same thing. Sits idle and you click something, then you get this error message, then is goes to where you clicked.

Yer... same as Floris now... starting to get it just changing forums, posting, etc.... I thought it was a mod at first, but I turned everything off and still did it.

You have a few add-ons installed don't you?
It's possible it could be related to one of those as I've never had that particular error here.
I dont think so i got this error from day one on beta 2 and beta 3 on my demo site and i still get it on my live site running beta three. It happens on almost any click that changes a page.

This was caused by a change in jQuery. I had actually stumbled upon it elsewhere (cache rebuilding) and worked around the behavior there, but I didn't realize it happened elsewhere. Fixed now.

This was caused by a change in jQuery. I had actually stumbled upon it elsewhere (cache rebuilding) and worked around the behavior there, but I didn't realize it happened elsewhere. Fixed now.

Mike, is there something that we have to do to our installs or will it be implemented in the next version?

Mike, is there something that we have to do to our installs or will it be implemented in the next version?
All fixes Mike and Kier post about will be implemented in the next version.
In most cases they will already be implemented here on XenForo.com as the build here is continually updated.

Top Bottom