Fixed Unrepsonsive script on users awaiting approval

Alpha1

When going to user awaiting approval, the page hangs until I get this error:
Code:
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: /js/jquery/jquery-1.5.2.min.js:16
There are 6000 users awaiting approval, so its likely related to the sheer amount of users.

What a shame it wasn't 9000. (It's over 9000!!!!!)

But I'd say it would be the large amount as well. That is a lot of unapproved users. Will you delete them?

The easiest thing to do here is simply to limit the size of the page. You're not going to go through 9000 at a time anyway.

I was about to ask for paging on this one too - I experienced the same on one of my forums that suffered a major spam-bot attack a while ago.

But I'd say it would be the large amount as well. That is a lot of unapproved users. Will you delete them?
The large amount is created by two of my vb addons:
  1. my bounced email manager addon which has put a lot of members in 'awaiting email confirmation'. XF converts this to awaiting approval. You will have the same issue as you use my addon.
  2. my user approval system, which puts registered members back into 'awaiting approval' until they correct profile / account issues. (problematic username, disposable email, profile field issues, profile content issues, etc)
There are a lot of valid users in there. I will need to port both systems to XF.

The large amount is created by two of my vb addons:
  1. my bounced email manager addon which has put a lot of members in 'awaiting email confirmation'. XF converts this to awaiting approval. You will have the same issue as you use my addon.
  2. my user approval system, which puts registered members back into 'awaiting approval' until they correct profile / account issues. (problematic username, disposable email, profile field issues, profile content issues, etc)
There are a lot of valid users in there. I will need to port both systems to XF.
Oh. I have quite a few now in that user group because of the bounced email mod. 178 755 users. I think I will need to do something with 0 posters who have not logged in for x amount of time before I do my import.
image.webp

If it imports those as awaiting approval, that's a bug. I've never seen anyone run into that before.

I have used the default converter for my test installation. I will use Shawns / Slaviks importer for future trials.
What should the 'users awaiting email confirmation' import into? XF does not seem to have an email confirmation group.

Top Bottom