Unhappy With Subscription Email

Anthony Parsons

The email notification being sent per post is a bit much...

Didn't see a method to change that into atleast daily! Am I blind or it doesn't exist?

Threads you watch are instant, with mail or without mail. I almost always (on any site) use without mail.

Digest for daily, weekly hasn't been found by me yet. But who knows, maybe it's planned?

No doubt... no doubt... was just curious and thought the feedback may assist them. To be perfectly honest, even the post by post alerts is a bit much, because within a matter of one hour on here, that page when I go to it is pretty much unreadable. Imagine if you where watching 50 current topics and what that page would be like to try and view on a busy board after you went to sleep and came back the next day? Ouch!

I like a lot of this, and taking into account alpha... extremely impressed. I honestly hope a repository does take off for it, as I would seriously consider changing everything over to this if it heads in the right directions with third party mods. Very intuitive, yet just so simple to use. I just looked at the advanced search and near fell of my chair. Easy, yet powerful, calendar integration for date selection. Really just quite nice all round.

No plans for digests at this point - as far as I've seen, they're very infrequently used, but if they're requested we can reconsider.

I agree about the per post bombarding. It would be reasonable to only send you a message if you've visited the forums/the thread since the last message. Same with the alerts. I'll have to do that...

Top Bottom