1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unhappy With Subscription Email

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Anthony Parsons, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

The email notification being sent per post is a bit much...

Didn't see a method to change that into atleast daily! Am I blind or it doesn't exist?

2. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

It doesn't exist, yet, apparently...I checked pretty thoroughly as well.

I'm just using the watched thread option without email for now...

3. WhatChaMissin

WhatChaMissin Active Member

As far as I can tell, the options are Enable, Disable (e-mail notifications) and stop watching thread. But I haven't found where you can change the frequency.

4. Floris

Floris Guest

Threads you watch are instant, with mail or without mail. I almost always (on any site) use without mail.

Digest for daily, weekly hasn't been found by me yet. But who knows, maybe it's planned?

5. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

Additionally it is not that necessary to receive e-mails for subscriptions as we have Alert system in XenForo

6. Anthony Parsons

Ok... so why have the option then? I ticked the option for email, and my email account got bombarded with each post. Yuk!

7. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

Antony , it is the first alpha of the product. Surely they can add a digest option later on.

8. Anthony Parsons

No doubt... no doubt... was just curious and thought the feedback may assist them. To be perfectly honest, even the post by post alerts is a bit much, because within a matter of one hour on here, that page when I go to it is pretty much unreadable. Imagine if you where watching 50 current topics and what that page would be like to try and view on a busy board after you went to sleep and came back the next day? Ouch!

I like a lot of this, and taking into account alpha... extremely impressed. I honestly hope a repository does take off for it, as I would seriously consider changing everything over to this if it heads in the right directions with third party mods. Very intuitive, yet just so simple to use. I just looked at the advanced search and near fell of my chair. Easy, yet powerful, calendar integration for date selection. Really just quite nice all round.

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

No plans for digests at this point - as far as I've seen, they're very infrequently used, but if they're requested we can reconsider.

I agree about the per post bombarding. It would be reasonable to only send you a message if you've visited the forums/the thread since the last message. Same with the alerts. I'll have to do that...

Been Told likes this.
  10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Please send alerts trough IM!

11. Been Told

Been Told Well-Known Member

I agree that alerts via IM (Alerts) is a good option.