Fixed Uncaught exception 'ErrorException'

Greatman

Some of my members on my forum are receiving this error, doesn't really know where it come from. It looks like it's random (my member reported it does that sometimes when F5ing the page, looking at alerts and looking at his PM)

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'Undefined variable: showTrace' in /var/vhost/lebelwco/public_html/XenForo/library/XenForo/Error.php:76 Stack trace: #0 /var/vhost/lebelwco/public_html/XenForo/library/XenForo/Error.php(76): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/var/vhost/lebe...', 76, Array) #1 /var/vhost/lebelwco/public_html/XenForo/library/XenForo/Application.php(295): XenForo_Error::unexpectedException(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception)) #2 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleException(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception)) #3 {main} thrown in /var/vhost/lebelwco/public_html/XenForo/library/XenForo/Error.php on line 76

I'm getting this error as well. How do I fix it?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'Undefined variable: showTrace' in /home/site/forums/library/XenForo/Error.php:76 Stack trace: #0 /home/site/forums/library/XenForo/Error.php(76): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/site/p...', 76, Array) #1 /home/site/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php(295): XenForo_Error::unexpectedException(Object(Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception)) #2 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleException(Object(Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception)) #3 {main} thrown in /home/site/forums/library/XenForo/Error.php on line 76

View Page Source shows this...

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'Undefined variable: showTrace' in /home/site/forums/library/XenForo/Error.php:76
Stack trace:
#0 /home/site/forums/library/XenForo/Error.php(76): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/site/f...', 76, Array)
#1 /home/site/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php(295): XenForo_Error::unexpectedException(Object(Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception))
#2 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleException(Object(Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception))
#3 {main}
thrown in <b>/home/site/forums/library/XenForo/Error.php</b> on line <b>76</b><br />

If you still have that issue, you need to upgrade to the latest version. That said, this issue only happens if you have another issue as well - this will only show you the real problem.

Upgrading was my first idea as well but I get the same error at forums/admin.php so I cant even log into the backend to do the upgrade

What is the other issue?

This issue will be fixed by simply uploading the new files.

The underlying issue is unknown - it's likely specific to your server. If I had to guess, there are database issues.

This issue will be fixed by simply uploading the new files.

The underlying issue is unknown - it's likely specific to your server. If I had to guess, there are database issues.

You were right it was a corrupted mysql database, they restored it from a backup

Top Bottom