1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Warning: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'require...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Chris Radford, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Chris Radford

Chris Radford Member

Hi,

We've consistently run into security vunerabilites & hacks in recent months, so today we have looked to remove all addons and start fresh with the latest installs. However, in the process of removing the addons, I appear to have run into the following issue when opening http://www.onefootballforum.co.uk ... however when I include /index.php it would appear that the website loads.

Code:
    Warning: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'require(/home/onefootb/public_html/library/Lgpl/utf8.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory' in /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php:242 Stack trace: #0 /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(242): XenForo_Application->handlePhpError(2, 'require(/home/o...', '/home/onefootb/...', 242, Array) #1 /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(242): XenForo_Application::beginApplication() #2 /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(291): XenForo_Application->beginApplication('/home/onefootb/...', '/home/onefootb/...', true) #3 /home/onefootb/public_html/index.php(9): XenForo_Application::initialize('/home/onefootb/...', '/home/onefootb/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 242

Fatal error: XenForo_Application::beginApplication(): Failed opening required '/home/onefootb/public_html/library/Lgpl/utf8.php' (include_path='/home/onefootb/public_html/library:.:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/onefootb/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 242

Can somebody please attempt to shed some light on this for me? Thank you in advance!

2. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

have you made sure to reupload the core xenforo files?

/home/onefootb/public_html/library/Lgpl/utf8.php is a core file.

SametxChan likes this.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Re-upload the library/Lgpl folder. That one needs to stay.

SametxChan likes this.
  4. SametxChan

SametxChan New Member

Correct!

@Chris Radford , XenForo 1.5.9 download then "unzip" file to your desktop again re-upload on ftp or file manager.

5. Chris Radford

Chris Radford Member

Thanks for the prompt replies, however...
    The file was present- just reuploaded it to be absolutely sure and the issue seems to remain - www.onefootballforum.co.uk

SametxChan likes this.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The forum appears to be working.

Chris Radford and SametxChan like this.
  7. Chris Radford

Chris Radford Member

8. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

Do you have the correct chmod on the files?

9. SametxChan

SametxChan New Member

Chris Radford likes this.
  10. SametxChan

SametxChan New Member

I think still correct, he firefox his crash well...

11. Chris Radford

Chris Radford Member

I have not gone near Data nor Internal Data so I do not believe CHMOD values would be the issue? Happy to be corrected..

12. SametxChan

SametxChan New Member

Did you folder in CHMOD 700 or 777? You can change to be 755 correct?

13. Chris Radford

Chris Radford Member

Libary is already set to 755 as standard.

14. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

15. SametxChan

SametxChan New Member

Also, js,library,install,data,styles,internal_data correctly on 755 CHMOD will be fine.
    PHP Script CHMOD to 644 permission again.

What your site server on Apache or Nginx?

Works for me both it's still site up, maybe cookies clear on chrome or firefox issue.

16. Chris Radford

Chris Radford Member

17. SametxChan

SametxChan New Member

Please set screenshot.

18. Chris Radford

Chris Radford Member

It's the exact same error as quoted in my original post.

19. SametxChan

SametxChan New Member

You can your site .htaccess copy to here code?

20. Chris Radford

Chris Radford Member

Code:
    RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^onefootballforum\.co.uk$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://onefootballforum.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L]