1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Unable to reply to conversation

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by DaveM, Sep 22, 2014.

1. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

A member started a conversation with me and when I cam to read and reply to it there was no way I could reply, no options available to me. The one thing that was different in this one was that they had added another two post to their conversation before I came to read it.

2. DennisSkov

DennisSkov Active Member

Did he by any chance close the conversation?

3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Not that I can see as it still has the invite more option open. I am still able to edit any of the three post in teh conversation. As an admin this really is not adding up that it is totally locked for any replies from myself

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As already stated, the conversation starter has locked it.

upload_2014-9-22_9-56-3.png

5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

After doing a few test it does seem that the conversation must have been locked. Still I would feel that an admin would still be able to either change this in some way and not be locked out of it?

6. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

There is no need for a change.
    You can open a conversation with the user.

7. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

How?

8. DennisSkov

DennisSkov Active Member

Like you do normally.

9. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Are you guys talking about opening a new conversation as that does not seem to be the way to go if you ask me.

10. DennisSkov

DennisSkov Active Member

Why not? If the user locks the conversation, you simply just start a new one.

11. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

You ask me about something.
    I give you an answer. I lock the conversation.
    End of story.

I ask you about something.
    You give me an answer. I lock the conversation.
    End of story.

12. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Sorry it does not wash with me being the admin it needs more, member to member it might be ok

13. Syndol

Syndol Guest

In case you are interested, the add-on Conversation Essentials has an option to allow admins and moderators to reply to locked conversations.