XF 1.5 After update to Firefox 60.0.1 (64-bit), unable to reply to threads

Dark Helmet

I'm still investigating the exact causes, but I can report that after updating the browser on my system from v. 59 to v60 of Firefox (64-bit), I am no longer able to reply to threads. Whether it's in the 'quick reply' or the more advanced 'more options' reply area, the text box appears but I'm unable to click into it. I also notice that the usual text, something to the effect of 'type your reply here' is no longer appearing. Additionally, clicking on the 'reply' link on someone else's post no longer takes you to the quick reply window with a quote of that post.

So far I've verified that the issue does not exist in either the Chrome or Edge browsers (I'm using Chrome for this post). I will be doing further troubleshooting to see if I can identify anything more specific, but wanted to bring this to everyone's attention in the meantime. If I find anything further, I'll update this thread.

In Firefox you will want to do this:

History -> Clear Recent History...

Time rage to clear: Everything
Details: Check all the option

Then click the "Clear Now" button.

In Firefox you will want to do this:

History -> Clear Recent History...

Time rage to clear: Everything
Details: Check all the option

Then click the "Clear Now" button.

Thank you Andy, I appreciate the suggestion. Unfortunately this does not alleviate the problem on either machine I'm using to troubleshoot.

Are you able to post to other XenForo 1.5 forums? I assume you have only tried your own? Also try switching to a default style.

No issues on this forum, which I presume is 2.x. Switching to a default style is one of my first troubleshooting steps, the problem persists regardless of using the default style or not. I don't have a membership on any other 1.5-powered sites that I'm aware of, but if you have one you'd care to direct me to, I'd be happy to test there as well.

You’ll likely need to look in the browser console for an error.

Well, here's something quite bizarre. If I open the console (F12) before navigating to a thread, everything displays as normal and I'm able to reply, quote and such as normal. However, if the console is not open, I'm still seeing the same issues. If opening the console after I've already navigated to the thread, and I am seeing an error:

Code:
TypeError: this.$editor[0] is undefined

And it refers to: redactor.js:50:312

Not using Ad Block, no. However, after some testing, the problem can be directly traced to an add-on called NoScript. Even though the add-on was not configured to be active on my own site, for whatever reason having it running was causing issues with XF in FireFox. I've disabled it for now and will send a message to the devs of that add-on.

My thanks to @Steve F and particularly to @AndyB who was kind enough to help me troubleshoot the issue. Hopefully having this post out there will help any others with the same issue.

Top Bottom