XF 1.2 Unable to register new account since upgrade to 1.2

Renegade

Can anyone help me understand what is going wrong when I try to signup for a new account? User registration has not been working on my forum since the 1.2 update. The following error is displayed.

Warning: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'require_once(/home/techencl/public_html/community/library): failed to open stream: No such file or directory' in /home/techencl/public_html/community/library/Zend/Validate.php:201 Stack trace: #0 /home/techencl/public_html/community/library/Zend/Validate.php(201): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'require_once(/h...', '/home/techencl/...', 201, Array) #1 /home/techencl/public_html/community/library/Zend/Validate.php(201): Zend_Validate::is() #2 /home/techencl/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(45): Zend_Validate::is('Megatron', 'EmailAddress') #3 /home/techencl/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionIndex() #4 /home/techencl/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #5 /home/techencl/public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #6 {main} thrown in /home/techencl/public_html/community/library/Zend/Validate.php on line 201

Fatal error: Zend_Validate::is(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='/home/techencl/public_html/community/library:.:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/techencl/public_html/community/library/Zend/Validate.php on line201

I think it is something to do with APC.

I tried clearing the cache and I could reach the registration page just fine on the first load. Then I went back and tried to register again, again the same error as first post.

Nope that does not work. I have tried restarting the webserver, enabling/disabling APC and even reinstalling APC. But as soon as it is enabled the error returns.

I'm having the same issue. Worked fine until I upgraded APC+PHP to the latest versions, so there might be a bug there. Let me know how you get on @Renegade
I just updated my Debian servers and noticed a problem also (basically php5-fpm was timing out) and I was seeing connection reset by peer errors in the log. Manually shut down php5-fpm and then issued a start and it appeared to fix my problem.

Last edited:
@optrex & @Renegade I was having the same problem on one server but not another server (same OS with same php setup). The other server could register new users fine. Got to looking and the difference was the way I had set up the cache in my config.php. The one that was working contains
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;                                     
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';                                 
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] = array (                           
                                      'caching' => true, 
                                      'automatic_serialization'  => true, 
                                      'lifetime' => 10800,
                                      'cache_id_prefix' => 'jsa_'
);

$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Apc';
Once I changed the non-working (for registration) to the above it began working (last registration attempts was Monday - when I think I upgraded to 1.2.2) and made the above change. Looked in the log and already had 8 spammers attempt to register and upon attempting to register I was able to with a new account. Might want to try the above in your config.php after enabling APC again.

@Tracy Perry well this adds confusion into the mix as my config already contains those lines. :(
What version of php and apc are you using?
Can you paste your apc.ini as there may be differences there?
On both
Code:
; configuration for php apc module
; priority=20
extension=apc.so
apc.enabled=1
apc.shm_size=1024M
apc.shm_segments=1
apc.ttl=7200
apc.user_ttl=7200
apc.gc_ttl=3600
apc.enable_cli=1
apc.stat=1
apc.optimization=0
apc.num_files_hint=4096
apc.user_entries_hint=4096
apc.localcache=1
apc.localcache.size=2048
apc.slam_defense=0
apc.write_lock=1
apc.include_once_override=0
apc.max_file_size=5M
apc.mmap_file_mask=/tmp/apc.XXXXXX
apc.filters
Additionally, I'm using nginx and php-fpm.

PHP info: PHP Version 5.4.20-1~dotdeb.1

APC info (latest Debian release that I know of):
Version3.1.13
APC DebuggingDisabled
MMAP SupportEnabled
MMAP File Mask/tmp/apc.gwromj
Locking typepthread mutex Locks
Serialization Supportphp
Revision$Revision: 327136 $
Build DateSep 22 2013 02:14:38

Top Bottom