1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Unable to register new user

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Charles_cz, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Charles_cz

Charles_cz New Member

Hello everyone,
    for some reason no new users are able to register. I have disabled all plugins in XenForo and in wordpress.
    Switched to default theme in WP and in XF.
    I am getting these errors:
    Please correct the following errors:
    1. Sorry, you must wait longer to create an account.
    2. Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.
    3. Please enter a name that is at least 3 characters long.
    4. Please enter a valid email.
    5. Please select a valid time zone.
    6. Please enter a valid password.
    1. ??
    2. ??
    3. Was longer than 3
    4. Email was valid
    5 ??
    6. ??

Any idea what can be done to fix it? Please try to register at Evergreen Expert Forum

Really frustrating.. :-( Thanks for your help.. Charles

Attached Files:

2. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Perhaps not 100% ?
    I can confirm that the errors are there.
  3. Charles_cz

Charles_cz New Member

Whynot, I have no active plug-in in WP as far as I can tell in plug-in section and no active add-ons in XF. I switched to default theme in XF and I switched to Twenty Fifteen theme in WP. So website is not really usable but I left it that way for troubleshooting purposes.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This is typically due to an add-on or an outdated template/style.

You will need to completely disable all add-ons and test in an unedited, default style, with no template modifications, custom javascript, etc.
  5. Charles_cz

Charles_cz New Member

Brogan, that is where I am... I did really no customization, all add-ons are disabled (I had really just 2) , default style and no custom java script..
    I guess I will have to start from fresh installation?
  6. Charles_cz

Charles_cz New Member

OK.. So I did fresh full install.
    I renamed old forum folder. Uploaded new full installation files. Went thru setup including wiping out my DB. Still the same issue.
    Any help? :-(
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  7. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

This is a weird issue. Registration should work fine on a clean installation. Try to open a ticket at your customer area so one of the staff here can investigate this further for you.
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have responded to your ticket.

The problem is related to cookies and your server configuration, which you will need to contact your host about.
  9. Charles_cz

Charles_cz New Member

I just moved to different web hosting company and all is good now.. Thank you.
  10. robart

robart Member

Hi @Brogan , Any details about the cookies / server config? A very small segment of my users seem to be experiencing the "please enter a valid time zone" error.