XF 1.4 Unable to register new user

Hello everyone,
for some reason no new users are able to register. I have disabled all plugins in XenForo and in wordpress.
Switched to default theme in WP and in XF.
I am getting these errors:
Please correct the following errors:
  1. Sorry, you must wait longer to create an account.
  2. Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.
  3. Please enter a name that is at least 3 characters long.
  4. Please enter a valid email.
  5. Please select a valid time zone.
  6. Please enter a valid password.
1. ??
2. ??
3. Was longer than 3
4. Email was valid
5 ??
6. ??

Any idea what can be done to fix it? Please try to register at Evergreen Expert Forum

Really frustrating.. :-( Thanks for your help.. Charles

Attachments

• screen.webp
    screen.webp
    29 KB · Views: 13
Whynot, I have no active plug-in in WP as far as I can tell in plug-in section and no active add-ons in XF. I switched to default theme in XF and I switched to Twenty Fifteen theme in WP. So website is not really usable but I left it that way for troubleshooting purposes.

This is typically due to an add-on or an outdated template/style.

You will need to completely disable all add-ons and test in an unedited, default style, with no template modifications, custom javascript, etc.

Brogan, that is where I am... I did really no customization, all add-ons are disabled (I had really just 2) , default style and no custom java script..
I guess I will have to start from fresh installation?

OK.. So I did fresh full install.
I renamed old forum folder. Uploaded new full installation files. Went thru setup including wiping out my DB. Still the same issue.
Any help? :-(

Last edited:
OK.. So I did fresh full install.
I renamed old forum folder. Uploaded new full installation files. Went thru setup including wiping out my DB. Still the same issue.
Any help? :-(

This is a weird issue. Registration should work fine on a clean installation. Try to open a ticket at your customer area so one of the staff here can investigate this further for you.

I have responded to your ticket.

The problem is related to cookies and your server configuration, which you will need to contact your host about.

Hey guys, I recently encountered the exact, same issue (only affected users who didn't use Social I think)

12KGuK6.png

..I contacted my host and they advised me to turn off Varnish, which immediately resolved the issue!

Top Bottom