XF 1.3 Unable to load animated gifs

John L.

I was attempting to add some animated gif avatars to my site just to see what that would look like. I had my host install it for me and the option became available in the backend. I went to test uploading an avatar and noticed after loading it did nothing. I was unable to click "Okay" for the new avatar and had to close out of the overlay. In the backend I found a few server errors and wanted to share:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded - library/XenForo/Image/ImageMagick/Pecl.php:314
Generated By: John, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(46) "http://www.otakutalk.com/account/avatar-upload"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(8) {
["use_gravatar"] => string(1) "0"
["avatar_date"] => string(10) "1347936625"
["avatar_crop_x"] => string(1) "0"
["avatar_crop_y"] => string(1) "0"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(9) "json-text"
["_xfUploader"] => string(1) "1"
}
}
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a size limit option I need to change in XenForo to allow gifs to be uploaded or is there some specifications that are set? Appreciate any help! :)

The limit isn't explict -- it's the amount of time it takes to thumbnail. If you attach the file here, I'll have a look. But it's worth pointing out that the time is going to be more affected by the number of frames and physical size of the image, rather than file size (though the latter tends to imply the former).

Thanks Mike. I deleted the files I tried originally, but attached a new one I tested instead. Same result:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded - library/XenForo/Image/ImageMagick/Pecl.php:314
Generated By: John, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(46) "http://www.otakutalk.com/account/avatar-upload"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(8) {
["use_gravatar"] => string(1) "0"
["avatar_date"] => string(10) "1347936625"
["avatar_crop_x"] => string(1) "0"
["avatar_crop_y"] => string(1) "0"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(9) "json-text"
["_xfUploader"] => string(1) "1"
}
}

Attachments

• tumblr_n20c9pn19Y1rdspclo1_500.gif
    tumblr_n20c9pn19Y1rdspclo1_500.gif
    999.5 KB · Views: 16
I was able to upload that image as a avatar fine on my site. Did not take but around 15 seconds to upload.
Same issue, it stalls out after a few seconds and doesn't take hold. Generates the error attached above. When I asked my host to install they sent me the following result as confirmation:
root@vps [107 17:13:41 ~]# php -i |grep -i imagick
imagick
imagick module => enabled
imagick module version => 3.1.2
imagick classes => Imagick, ImagickDraw, ImagickPixel, ImagickPixelIterator
imagick.locale_fix => 0 => 0
imagick.progress_monitor => 0 => 0
root@vps [108 17:16:15 ~]#
Is there anything missing or perhaps something wrong with the imagick version extension installed?

Top Bottom