• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 un-Deleted images not showing

Dakis

I had some old images on my own server, which were deleted for a few months. Inside those months I went SSL + cloudfare, and enabled the proxy for images. Now I have re-uploaded those images. However the proxy still does not load them in the forum. I tried them here and they work fine:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/testing-proxy.135298/

Also in my own forum, if I try the test proxy tool in admincp, it says image successfully fetched there.

So I'm assuming this must be some sort of cache problem? I purged all cache in my cloudfare, but I'm wondering if I need to make a change to my proxy settings (cache lifetime and cache refresh are both set to zero)

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
You may need to invalidate the image proxy log itself for the problematic images. Under Tools > Image Proxy Log you can search for the partial URLs. Clicking to open these entries or clicking the "Show image" button should refetch the image/s.

Dakis

Yes I have tried that, they do not show up in that log at all for some reason.

EDIT: I found a few from yesterday, cant' find any from my efforts today, so I can refetch those, but these images are thousands, isn't there a way I can refetch them? What if I change the cache refresh setting to a few days? Wouldn't that mean that the proxy will re-fetch the images?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If an image isn't fetchable for a long time, we'll eventually get to the point where it never gets retried. To reset that (for all images), you can run this query:
Code:
UPDATE xf_image_proxy SET fail_count = 1 WHERE fail_count > 1;