Ultra Newbie questions

istt

Not sure where to begin. I have frequented a site that uses Xenforo and I am very comfortable with the way you interface with it. Very intuitive. So, I am looking to have a site designed. Where do I begin? What components are necessary to undertake this task? Obviously, I need a web designer who is proficient in Xenforo but what else do I need to do to get this underway?

If you start a blank new forum, I would advise you not get a custom theme for your site. Invest that money in addons and/or ways to get content to your site.

If you still want something which is not the default look, just buy one of the available themes in the resource section of this site. There are very popular and neat looking stuff out there. Most of them have custom build-in stuff you can configure to create a look you want.

But if you still have some money to spare (it will be in 3 figures at least to get a custom theme developed), visit this section to find designers. Here in XF there are 4-5 well known names for such a job, you can't do much wrong with either of them.

What else you need? Obviously a XF license and that's it. For further stuff you should ask the designer you hire.

Not sure where to begin. I have frequented a site that uses Xenforo and I am very comfortable with the way you interface with it. Very intuitive. So, I am looking to have a site designed. Where do I begin? What components are necessary to undertake this task? Obviously, I need a web designer who is proficient in Xenforo but what else do I need to do to get this underway?
I recommend you start a dialog with @MySiteGuy he's a real pro, very trustworthy and priced very modestly for the service he gives. He'll point you in the right direction at the very least

Top Bottom