UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
I would like to add a slightly different background color like this (over the username, notifications and search area) in UI.X where would I modify this property?

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 8.14.56 AM.webp

I would like to add a slightly different background color like this (over the username, notifications and search area) in UI.X where would I modify this property?

View attachment 233302
Within UIX, you would only be able to change the color of the above with custom CSS not with a style property. For example,
CSS:
.p-account {
    background-color: #8BC34A;
}

Insert that within your extra.less template and then it would change the background color before looking like so.
Annotation 2020-08-21 140752.webp

I can't seem to get the social icons to show. When I go to Global Settings > Social_Media > Social Media Position and try any of the options they do not appear. The only place I see them is in the sidebar under "share this page" and you have to click a button to launch them.

I can't seem to get the social icons to show. When I go to Global Settings > Social_Media > Social Media Position and try any of the options they do not appear. The only place I see them is in the sidebar under "share this page" and you have to click a button to launch them.
Do you have any social media links added within Setup -> Options -> [UI.X] Options -> Social Media?

Do you have any social media links added within Setup -> Options -> [UI.X] Options -> Social Media?
That was it, thank you. Had you not mentioned this I would've never known as it's really disconnected. One suggestion would be that you add a note beneath choice field in the section Global Settings > Social Media > Social Media Position explaining that they need to go this section to add them. Even the documentation cited in the link doesn't explain that.

That was it, thank you. Had you not mentioned this I would've never known as it's really disconnected. One suggestion would be that you add a note beneath choice field in the section Global Settings > Social Media > Social Media Position explaining that they need to go this section to add them. Even the documentation cited in the link doesn't explain that.
Of course, I'm glad to hear that helped! Ah yes, a good point; I'll go ahead and make an issue on both of these so that they both are added. Thank you for the kind suggestion. Let us know if we can assist with anything else! :)

I am trying to change individual aspects of the UIX 2 theme. When I change colors under Style properties it has a dual affect.

Is it possible to change the right click highlight text color?

Change the color to the little poll, sticky and watch thread icon color, which are purple and red.

Change the "Watched thread" highlighted color without changing the sub header menu color.

Why does signature have all that extra space? When users type paragraphs the space to text is shrunk. (See image #2)

signature.png

signature2.webp

Last edited:
I am trying to change individual aspects of the UIX 2 theme. When I change colors under Style properties it has a dual affect.

Is it possible to change the right click highlight text color?

Change the color to the little poll, sticky and watch thread icon color, which are purple and red.

Change the "Watched thread" highlighted color without changing the sub header menu color.

Why does signature have all that extra space? When users type paragraphs the space to text is shrunk. (See image #2)

View attachment 233868

View attachment 233869
Hello @cb_tree! 👋

Did you mean left click hover by the way?

In order to change the coloring of the icons for polls, sticky threads, and locked threads. Those would require you to change the coloring of each icon before inputting the CSS code that you edit within your extra.less template.

CSS:
.structItem-status--locked:before {
    color: #8bc34a;
}

CSS:
.structItem-status--sticky:before {
}

CSS:
.structItem-status--watched:before {
}

The code snippets I've included above are those that you need to edit and input into your extra.less template. Just edit the HEX code to change the color to whatever you want.

For your last two questions, I'm gonna investigate those and get back to you, okay?

Hello @cb_tree! 👋

Did you mean left click hover by the way?

In order to change the coloring of the icons for polls, sticky threads, and locked threads. Those would require you to change the coloring of each icon before inputting the CSS code that you edit within your extra.less template.

CSS:
.structItem-status--locked:before {
}

CSS:
.structItem-status--sticky:before {
}

CSS:
.structItem-status--watched:before {
}

The code snippets I've included above are those that you need to edit and input into your extra.less template. Just edit the HEX code to change the color to whatever you want.
Hi there,

Thank you, didn't know you would have to change them individually.

This is all done in Appearance > Styles > UI.X(sub) - Style properties. I am referring to when you left click on a page and drag downwards like you are going to copy text. In Accent 2, that color controls footer color and highlighted text color. Wondering if you can change that individually.

The same for Accent 1, in Accent, the header menu is the color I want but the text follows the same color which is blue, I want white text.

For your last two questions, I'm gonna investigate those and get back to you, okay?
😀

Hi there,

Thank you, didn't know you would have to change them individually.

This is all done in Appearance > Styles > UI.X(sub) - Style properties. I am referring to when you left click on a page and drag downwards like you are going to copy text. In Accent 2, that color controls footer color and highlighted text color. Wondering if you can change that individually.

The same for Accent 1, in Accent, the header menu is the color I want but the text follows the same color which is blue, I want white text.

😀
In order to change the highlighted text background color and text color, navigate to Appearance -> Style Properties -> Global Settings -> Highlighted/selected Text.

This is what I meant for the "Change the highlighted thread color without changing the sub header menu color." in the forum list. The second thread is highlighted grey. How can I get rid of this?

threads.webp

This is what I meant for the "Change the highlighted thread color without changing the sub header menu color." in the forum list. The second thread is highlighted grey. How can I get rid of this?

View attachment 234025
Navigate to Appearance -> Style Properties -> Discussion List -> Discussion list item (even) set to that the color that matches the first thread. On my demo it is @xf-contentBg.

Also, to answer your question about the spacing below signatures. Our development team mentioned that this is normal because the postbit is taller than the post itself, so the signature just sits below the post content automatically.

Last edited:
Also, to answer your question about the spacing below signatures. Our development team mentioned that this is normal because the postbit is taller than the post itself, so the signature just sits below the post content automatically.

There should be a way to adjust, at least with css, so that it sits like the second image signature, I remember this was something that automatically happened back in VBulletin.

The thread stats are missing in our discussion lists on UIX2. The UIX2 demo seems to have them, as you can see below:

View attachment 234064
However, our test sites running UIX2 do not have those.

We found another user complaining of this, but @ThemeHouse didn't respond: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/views-count-how-to-get-it-to-show-on-thread-view.163230/

Any idea how do we fix this?
Apologies for the delay, in order to achieve this, navigate to Appearance -> Style Properties -> Discussion List -> Width to collapse discussion list items -> Set it to @xf-responsiveMedium and click "Save". You should then be able to replicate the following look on your forum.

I've also responded to your recently created ticket on this same question.

Top Bottom