UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
@Mackeral_Fillet you could use the following code in the extra.less

Code:
.p-navEl-link[data-nav-id="whatsNew"]::before {
font-family: FontAwesome !important;
content: '\f0f3' !important;
}

replace f0f3 with the unicode of the desired fontavesome icon.

See next message

Last edited:
ThemeHouse updated UI.X 2 with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.4.0.0 Released

Note: This is a major upgrade so if your upgrading from 2.0.2.1.0 or below there is some significant changes in this update, please review these FAQ's before continuing.

UI.X 2 2.0.4.0.0 Changelog:
  • Fixed default icon for navigation
  • Added names to the main page components
  • Moved header components to navigation for mobile devices
  • Added navigation logo width...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When updating via API, it re-install the theme in version 2.0.0.4, then it's up to us to assign the style change in child style to the version UI.X 2.0.0.4?

When updating via API, it re-install the theme in version 2.0.0.4, then it's up to us to assign the style change in child style to the version UI.X 2.0.0.4?

I'm confused on this also. I had 2.0.2.10 with UI.X and child theme - with the child theme modified and used for my forum. The update instructions say to update the addon and the install the style again, which creates a new UI.X and child style. We need to do that and then re-apply any changes we made previously to the child style? Seems cumbersome. Is there an easier way to do this without reapplying child changes again?

I'm confused on this also. I had 2.0.2.10 with UI.X and child theme - with the child theme modified and used for my forum. The update instructions say to update the addon and the install the style again, which creates a new UI.X and child style. We need to do that and then re-apply any changes we made previously to the child style? Seems cumbersome. Is there an easier way to do this without reapplying child changes again?
That's exactly what I did, I then deleted the child theme and assigned my edit theme instead
It is true that even following the explanations of the manual is not easy ^^

It is true that even following the explanations of the manual is not easy ^^

Yeah - not too impressed with the documentation or upgrade process. When I upgraded and moved my style from the old UI.X parent to the new UI.X parent, my forum logo vanished. I went through the FAQ for the upgrade (here) and see references to various "breakpoints" to adjust in Style Properties, but those breakpoints don't exist. If they did, I wouldn't know what I'm supposed to adjust to to begin with.

Similar feeling. Customizing this is a hit and miss as I do not understand most of the terminology in the backend. And after every update, I end up redoing most of the changes as the child theme more or less becomes a mess. Would be trying the latest update in a couple of hours so good luck to me.

@Ryan @VG_AzR if you have already installed the theme via the UI.X add-on, then you can simply Appearance > Themehouse Styles and click Upgrade next to the theme. This is all that is required to update a theme that has already been installed with the UI.X add-on. This will not create a new theme, but simply upgrade your existing one. I will be updating the documentation today to make this more clear :)

Make sure to make a backup before doing any upgrade. And if you get stuck we'll do the upgrade free on this update (create a ticket and we can schedule something), since it is so large. We have a list of things that could break actually Im not sure if Ian posted them but will find out.

Upgrade was not an option there. Just "Install" - which did create a new UI.X parent and child.

If that's the case you didn't install the style originally with the UI.X Add-on, you can export your child style and import it as a child of the new UI.X and then delete the old one

If that's the case you didn't install the style originally with the UI.X Add-on, you can export your child style and import it as a child of the new UI.X and then delete the old one

Did that - logo vanished when I imported my old style as a new child. The sidebar was not as wide as it was before the upgrade. I'm sure there's other stuff broken as I noticed those almost instantly and haven't had a chance to dig much deeper.

Did that - logo vanished when I imported my old style as a new child. The sidebar was not as wide as it was before the upgrade. I'm sure there's other stuff broken as I noticed those almost instantly and haven't had a chance to dig much deeper.

The sidebar width reduction is not a big, its our decision to change the default. You can change it back in Style Properties > Sidebar. As far as the logo goes, if you'd like to PM me with ACP credentials I can look at your installation and see why that is the case.

Did that - logo vanished when I imported my old style as a new child.

Pretty much two potential issues that caused this:
1. You overwrote the Ui.X logo with your own and then this got overwritten when you upgraded UI.X - you should create your logo as a new file, the same thing will happen with the XenForo default style if you overwrite the logo
2. You uploaded the image as a new image correctly, but updated the style property in the parent style instead of the child, which got overwritten when you upgraded

The sidebar was not as wide as it was before the upgrade.

This was a change in the UI.X update, I believe. You can adjust this in the "Sidebar" section under your style properties

Pretty much two potential issues that caused this:
1. You overwrote the Ui.X logo with your own and then this got overwritten when you upgraded UI.X - you should create your logo as a new file, the same thing will happen with the XenForo default style if you overwrite the logo
2. You uploaded the image as a new image correctly, but updated the style property in the parent style instead of the child, which got overwritten when you upgraded

Nope and nope.

@Ian Hitt I'll send you a PM shortly - ty

Just before upgrading UI.X2 2.0.2.1.0 , first I want to upgrade Xenforo from 2.0.2 to 2.0.4. After a successful upgrade at Xenforo, it asked me to merge Outdated templates, which is normal.

What I want to learn is, for the following templates "Page_Container, app_nav.less, message.less" I need to make a choice as shown at attached. (Sorry it is in Turkish) I selected to right one, is it correct ?

Attachments

• UIX2.webp
    UIX2.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom