Lack of interest Twitter like "follow" button

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Luxus

Given Twitter's popularity and that XenForo is a twitter-like forum software with all these tooltips, javascript tricks and follow mechanics, I thought why not make the Watch Thread and Follow people links look like the follow button from Twitter?

I accomplished this so far with my lack of javascript knowledge:

wt1.webp
Hover:
wt2.webp

uw1.webp
Hover:
uw2.webp

Problem is unlike on Twitter you have to re-load the page to see the button change after a thread subscription and cancelled subscription. The button change on twitter happens dynamically via javascript, but I am not capable of that because a) my javascript sklills are very limited and b) editing xenforo's javascript is a pain in the butt. Open it with an editor and you know why.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hmm interesting.

So you've coloured the buttons (nice touch :)) I don't understand what isn't working. Why do you have to re-load the page to see the button change?

I don't know if you use twitter, but let me explain it this way:

You click the GREY Watch Thread button to subscribe a thread. The text then immediately changes from Watch Thread to Unwatch Thread. However the color remains GREY. If you F5 the page, the color changes to BLUE, resulting in the second button from above (and vice versa).

On Twitter you press the follow button once and then text as well as the color of the button change without a page reload. Twitter also changes the text with a javscript powered hover effect if you follow somebody (from BLUE to RED). This is not possible with pure CSS.

I don't think so, Xenoforo should not use anything from other sites because it is a great site already. They should just keep the follow button as they have now just to not make things complicated and

so people don't get to confused because not everyone have Twitter people usually have Facebook, which is ok nothing to do on there exempt brag about people can that why so may

people get into trouble. Anyway's they should just keep the follow button the way it is now.

I don't know if you use twitter, but let me explain it this way:

You click the GREY Watch Thread button to subscribe a thread. The text then immediately changes from Watch Thread to Unwatch Thread. However the color remains GREY. If you F5 the page, the color changes to BLUE, resulting in the second button from above (and vice versa).

On Twitter you press the follow button once and then text as well as the color of the button change without a page reload. Twitter also changes the text with a javscript powered hover effect if you follow somebody (from BLUE to RED). This is not possible with pure CSS.

Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly but couldn't this be accomplish pending the developers give the watch/unwatch it's own unique class? I think that would be a nicer solution, leaving it as is and thus giving people the option to style it if they choose. I've probably misunderstood the suggestion entirely.

Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly but couldn't this be accomplish pending the developers give the watch/unwatch it's own unique class? I think that would be a nicer solution, leaving it as is and thus giving people the option to style it if they choose. I've probably misunderstood the suggestion entirely.
You did understand it correctly :) Watch/unwatch already have unique classes but the color changes won't be applied immediately like with Firebug. Technically it should, but I don't know why it works only after a page reload.

Top Bottom