1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter: get followers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KURTZ, Aug 24, 2010.

1. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

There's nothing special about this...basically, go follow a bunch of people and your followers will increase

Salty likes this.
  3. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

The number of followers doesn't matter as long as you follow the things you like and other people follow the things they like. It's the post count problem all over again.

4. Salty

Salty Active Member

I agree with Ryan. It is an article that basically says "if you follow people they will follow you back."
    DERP2.jpg

5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

unfortunately I follow people who don't follow me back.

6. Floris

Floris Guest

If people don't follow me, there's no use in following them. They won't read what you say, and have no intention of following what you're doing.

I auto-unfollow those who don't follow me anymore for over 24 hours.

That said, I still can't believe my cat has over 2,000 followers on twitter :D

7. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

yup, it's lame.. are they that hoity-toity that they can't click on the +Follow button? ;)

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

I strongly feel that nobody should be obligated to follow somebody simply because they followed them

(edit - Peggy)

Enigma likes this.
  9. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

good plan -

10. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I don't follow people just to get more followers; I rather have people who have a genuine interest in the site, and not have to deal with much of the noise that comes with Twitter.

I also don't always follow people who follow me; I usually follow affiliated sites, close friends in the same or similar niche, well-known people (Known to me as well), and the more well-known users if they choose to follow us.

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Pffffffftttttt... I just playing with someone.

12. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Can't you just follow people who have something to say that you want to hear, and not worry about who follows you? How's that for a breath of fresh air?

Peggy likes this.
  13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

And that's the way it should be.

Enigma likes this.
  14. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Honestly, I wish twitter would just die so I didn't have to follow anyone :p