1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn off email notification option

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Temery, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Temery

Temery Active Member

I am getting a couple dozen email bounced to my email account because of the people who have selected to have alerts sent to them via email - and their email won't accept 'em.

Can I turn off this option ?
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

E-mails are sent FROM a particular address which is specified in Admin CP > Email Options. It's probably not a great idea to have this address set as your own as I'm sure you're realising.

Set up a new e-mail address, such as administrator@yoursite.com or bounce@yoursite.com or noreply@yoursite.com. That way you won't get pestered all the time, but you will have a searchable record of any contact if necessary and you can keep an eye on it for real e-mails coming through.
    Jake Bunce and Alien like this.
  3. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Another option that was brought to my attention a while back, is you can take those accounts that are bouncing and stick them in "awaiting e-mail confirmation" group to stop them from being sent to those members. When those members come back, they should realize that they have to update to a functioning e-mail address to continue participation.

This may or may not work for you depending on your own site needs.
    vbuser and Jake Bunce like this.