1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Turn off ability to purchase upgrades

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by TheGreek, Apr 27, 2016.

1. TheGreek

TheGreek Member

How can I turn off the ability to purchase user upgrades from the front end? I do not have a business account for PayPal, so I would have to manually upgrade people.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Delete or deactivate any upgrades you have created.

If you're going to do it manually, you can do it via user group promotions, or deactivate the upgrade and apply it manually.

upload_2016-4-27_19-59-46.png

3. TheGreek

TheGreek Member

Well that's something I want to avoid though. My plan is to do manual upgrades, but since I don't have a Premier or Business account, I can't use the front end for upgrades.

4. Brogan

I added some instructions above on how to do it manually.

5. TheGreek

TheGreek Member

Cool thank you. So here's another question: How can I still have the upgrades the user has show on that page, but disable the ability to purchase any upgrades from the Account Upgrades page?

6. Brogan

That would require some form of customisation.
    You could just edit the template and manually add the content but there needs to be at least one active upgrade in order for the link and page to be available.

Or just create a custom help page.

7. TheGreek

TheGreek Member

Hmm, damn I'm lost there. :p Trying to see how I can upgrade my account to a Premier account as I don't have a business, but seems that it doesn't exist anymore?