1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUBE feature

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by GodForum.com, Jul 29, 2010.

1. GodForum.com

GodForum.com Well-Known Member

Fact: Videos are more popular than Blogs.
    Fact: Videos increase traffic and invite conversations.
    Fact: If XenForo will add a video tagging system it will help lead the forum software market. :)

2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Everyone knows what a video tagging system is right? Start coding it now!

3. GodForum.com

NOW is right :)

4. Floris

Floris Guest

Done!

5. GodForum.com

No its not done ... this will not explode your traffic ... VIDEO TAGGING with similar videos to the right exactly like YT :)

6. BamaStangGuy

How is that going to explode your traffic. Your posts are so vague. If you want a feature implemented you will have to go into much more detail.

7. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

hey it's God posting, it must be vague :D

8. BamaStangGuy

LOL. I guess I need to sacrifice my first born to get all the details. :D

9. GodForum.com

You're banned bro :)

Basically you don't try to reinvent the wheel ... you take the wheel and use it ...

Vague ? ... the YouTube implemenation of displaying videos allowed it to become the number 3+- site in the world ...

... the tagging leads to more engagement ... leads to more conversations ... leads to more successful forums.

10. GodForum.com

very funny :)

11. BamaStangGuy

Are you suggesting they use youtubes api to display more videos that link to youtube? If so, I don't understand how that helps out. The youtube video you embed already shows other related videos after you get done viewing it to begin with.

12. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm not really sure how a video tagging system fits into a forum to be honest. YouTube already does a very good job of it.

13. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

So, why does God need a spaceship? :D