Trying to install, page says FORBIDDEN

More info is needed to debug this.
But forbidden = permission issue.

Run the xenforo test php file to see if your site is ready to run xenforo.

Check with the host if your public html directory is set correctly.

PHP Version 5.1.6

MySQL 5.0.77

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

I uploaded the files with cuteftp. the permissions are 755 for folders, 644 for files.

Does it matter that Im uploading it to another domain (to install it) and not the domain i have set in my profile here under my license? (that isnt set up yet with my host)

actually i did after posting that, i already emailed my host and asked them to upgrade some stuff on it. Hopefully they do it since its a managed hosting dedicated server account. thanks guys!

When you are loading it with cuteftp are you loading it as Binary or Ascii? And according to the instructions, these files are to be cmod 777 not 755.
Please note that the installation routine will direct you to ensure that the data
and internal_data directories within your XenForo Directory are writeable by the
webserver (ie: chmod 0777).

I stopped using cuteftp long ago cause it was forever giving me errors and loading only partial files. Filezilla and WinSCP are better solutions and they are both free, Cyberduck if you are on a Mac.

Yes, the MySQL version looks OK.

Even so, I wouldn't expect the PHP version is the cause of the forbidden status.

As Blandt said originally, it's most likely to do with permissions, or lack of them.

I stopped using cuteftp long ago cause it was forever giving me errors.

I stopped using cuteftp because it aint cute :D

WinSCP does a fine job of everything :) You just need to make sure you are running passive mode

is the mysql server good?

The latest MySQL release 5.5 rc (few weeks ago) offers lots of good fixes and speed enhancement to the Innodb engine .. worth the upgrade if you can do it

Yes, the MySQL version looks OK.

Even so, I wouldn't expect the PHP version is the cause of the forbidden status.

As Blandt said originally, it's most likely to do with permissions, or lack of them.

ive never had to change permissions to access stuff on upload. It always works with the default. Maybe it says forbidden if your server cant run it?

ive chmodded those folders as well 777. ive attached winscp (which I downloaded and used that to upload the files again, still says forbidden)

Attachments

• server.webp
    server.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom