Trying to install, page says FORBIDDEN

not sure what you mean, this domain is online and working, im installing xF on a folder on this working site to set it up, then when my host sets up my xF domain, im re-uploading the files to the new site and changing the url in the admincp.

If you have CPanel, can you check what errors the server shows or even if you don't have CPanel, is there an option to check error logs and such?
More than likely, there is something on your server's end that is causing the problem.

Just realized what I think it is. There's something in the htaccess files for xf that is giving me' 'forbidden' . Something in there that my server doesn't recognize. This happened years ago with something I rid to add to my htaccess

Just realized what I think it is. There's something in the htaccess files for xf that is giving me' 'forbidden' . Something in there that my server doesn't recognize. This happened years ago with something I rid to add to my htaccess
XenForo's .htaccess is only there to help with the user friendly seo urls. You can remove it.

removing the htaccess worked. Im in.

But now this is what I see when I try to install. At least Im in, Im going to wait for my host to make sure my server has all the requirements to run xF before I proceed, thanks guys!

Attachments

• step1.webp
    step1.webp
    7 KB · Views: 14
for future reference in case anyone has the same issues, these were the things that popped up when i ran the xenforo requirements script

1. PHP 5.2.4 or newer is required. 5.1.6 does not meet this requirement. Please ask your host to upgrade PHP.
  2. The required PHP extension JSON could not be found. Please ask your host to install this extension.
  3. The required PHP extensions for XML handling (DOM and SimpleXML) could not be found. Please ask your host to install this extension.

Top Bottom