XF 1.5 Trying to import old database for merging

Sophie

Hi all,

I have found a backup of the database from my forum in 2012. What I would like to do is this:

- importing this database (Invision Powerboard 3.0) in the recent version of Xenforo
- after importing and verifying, merging this database in my current forum (recent version of Xenforo)

But since I only have the Invision database and not my avatars and such anymore, the importer in the xenforo admin doesn't let me go to the next step. Is there a way to achieve what I want?

Hm, because it is a IBP 3.0 database the IPB 3.1 importer gives an error during some steps that a certain table doesn't exist (due to the difference between 3.0 and 3.1....)....

The importer was developed for IPB 3.1 - I'm not sure of the schema changes between 3.0 and 3.1, and whether it's possible to work around them by modifying the source database.

What is the table being reported as missing?

You can try manually creating the table but I have no idea what it's used for and whether the data which is normally in that table is crucial.

I presume not.

I manually created that table, but now there is another error: Unknown column 'member_id' in 'field list'

So I guess the import is not to be :) Not that it is a disaster :D

Why not upgrade the database first to a supported version for the converter? You can also try an older version of xenforo to do the import then upgrade the xenforo install. I think IPB 3.0 was supported in xenforo 1.2. I might be wrong though.

Top Bottom