XF 1.3 Trophy alerts empty

Hi,

for quite a while now we have an issue with the trophy alerts on our forum. The alerts a user gets when reaching a certain trophy (like '100 likes') are always empty and contain no message. The alert is there but without any information about it.
m69PcJL.png

The below templates are unedited and therefore contain all trophy entries.
  • help_index
  • help_wrapper
  • member_card
  • member_list_item
  • member_notable
  • member_view
  • sidebar_visitor_panel

This issue is nothing new on our forum and sadly I can't tell what has been changed around the time the problem occured.
Does anyone have an idea why the alerts could be empty?

Does the same problem occur when using a completely default unedited style with all add-ons disabled?
I disabled all addons with this setting in config.php
PHP:
// uncomment to disable all addons
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
Getting no alert at all for trophies then.

I would also recommend trying to rebuild the master data via <url>/install/.
This sounds as I shouldn't do that on a live website. Can't this break things?

A rebuild won't break anything - it will correct any template issues which may exist by ensuring the master templates are as they should be.

You shouldn't be editing the templates in the master style, if that's what you mean.

Templates in other styles won't be reverted but they may be marked as outdated, which a merge will generally resolve.

Thx for the help guys. The issue was trivial in a way. Apparently one of my former work mates went crazy and deleted the content of 'alert_user_trophy'...#sigh

It sometimes is a bit difficult to find the correct templates for whatever issue i want to trace or customization I want to do. I, and I assume a lot of people do that, often use my browsers 'inspec' tool to get a first idea of what could be wrong. Wouldn't it be really helpful if in every template there would be line with a comment about what template it is? So when inspecting xenforo web source code I would see a comment with the name of the corresponding template. It might be naive to suggest something like that for a professional but I always wondered why there are no hints to the templates. Would it be bad to do that for security reasons or is it technically not possible to do so?

Wouldn't it be really helpful if in every template there would be line with a comment about what template it is? So when inspecting xenforo web source code I would see a comment with the name of the corresponding template.
There is.
See point 3 of the FAQ here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-181112

However, my first post would have indicated it was a template issue straight away:
Does the same problem occur when using a completely default unedited style with all add-ons disabled?
By disabling add-ons, I meant via the ACP switch, not editing config.php.

However, my first post would have indicated it was a template issue straight away:
Yes it would and that's actually how I found out. Should have done that before testing addons.

By disabling add-ons, I meant via the ACP switch, not editing config.php.
That's how you guy recommend to do it. https://xenforo.com/help/disable-addons-config-php/

Anyways, thx for the help. This showed me how easily I could have found out myself if I would have done basic debugging tests. Lesson learned.

As it states on that page, you should only edit config.php if you can't actually access the ACP to disable them there:
These conflicts may prevent you from accessing your control panel to disable the offending add-ons.

you should only edit config.php if you can't actually access the ACP
It doesn't say that and the sentence you quoted can be seen as a usage example. If disabling addons via config.php can't replace using the checkboxes in acp for each addon then it should state that. I accept any bet that I am not the first one who reads the line in config.php as being a master switch for addons.

Why is it actually a problem? Neither you nor the info for 'disabling addons via config.php' mentions a certain risk or problem using config.php.
Having a master switch for addons in ACP would be really cool btw or a 'select all' checkbox.

Top Bottom