Trending Content [Unsupported]

Trending Content [Unsupported] [Paid] 3.0.0 Beta 5

No permission to buy (£20.00)
Sample ;
Popüler Konular = Popular Threads
Clipboardimage2017-04-18141602.png
Still not with you. What are you asking?

How to add "popular threads" to the homepage ?
Ok. Well does the [bd] Widget Framework support widgets on the home page? If so, then that's the way forward. I don't know whether it does or not. We use the trending topics widget in the sidebar only.

Also, it would be nice if this showed a small snippet of the post on the Trending Posts page.

Edit: I believe I found a bug. If you choose Last Like Date it just sits there and takes forever to load and then redirects you to the Topics tab.

Edit: I believe I found a bug. If you choose Last Like Date it just sits there and takes forever to load and then redirects you to the Topics tab.

It actually is hanging MariaDB. This is happening on two different sites on two different servers

This is a performance issue as XenForo does not provide an index on this data so it will be very slow. You can improve it by adjusting the restriction on how old content it should look at.

This is a performance issue as XenForo does not provide an index on this data so it will be very slow. You can improve it by adjusting the restriction on how old content it should look at.

Even 2 days kills our server on Christian Forums and Religious Forums. @Stuart Wright what setting do you use for Posts?

I don't think the Max Post Age works on Posts. I changed it from 7 to 30 days and the list remained the same? Happens on two sites. Also, all the posts seem to be from the last two days regardless of setting.

I don't think the Max Post Age works on Posts. I changed it from 7 to 30 days and the list remained the same? Happens on two sites. Also, all the posts seem to be from the last two days regardless of setting.
Well it probably would remain the same since the algorithm is going to favour newer posts by design. Are any of the posts in the list older than the max post age?

Maybe I am missing the algorithm's goal? I have it set to 30 days which, I assume, makes it look back 30 days for posts that are considered trending. Right now, I have it set to 30 days and the oldest post is yesterday and there is only one page of total results.

It'd be nice to use this add-on so that users can browse through popular/trending posts over last week or so? I know there are posts over the last 30 days that have 10+ total likes and ratings that do not appear in the results when changed to a longer time like 30 days.

Another question on top of the last, if I do not select any nodes, will it simply use the permissions of the user viewing trending content?

Maybe I am missing the algorithm's goal? I have it set to 30 days which, I assume, makes it look back 30 days for posts that are considered trending. Right now, I have it set to 30 days and the oldest post is yesterday and there is only one page of total results.

It'd be nice to use this add-on so that users can browse through popular/trending posts over last week or so? I know there are posts over the last 30 days that have 10+ total likes and ratings that do not appear in the results when changed to a longer time like 30 days.

Digging a bit more we have anywhere from 1000-1900 likes a day. Seems off less than 20 posts could be seen as trending when we have 25 pages of trending threads?

What we want is for posts which are trending now to be shown.
What we don't want is for older posts with lots of likes but no recent likes to always appear at the top of the trending list.
We also don't want to include *much* older posts because that would put more strain on the database. While old posts may conceivably be trending now if they somehow have a resurgence in popularity, this is less likely.

To that end we include the age of posts in the algorithm. So a post with 5 likes made 5 minutes ago (5 likes / 5 minutes = 1 like per minute) will be shown higher than a post with 50 likes made 100 minutes ago (50 likes / 100 minutes = 0.5 likes per minute). The more recent post is trending more because it's getting more likes per minute. This will naturally mean that more recent posts will get preference and this is what we want. The trending posts list needs to be fluid, changing regularly as more recent posts gain popularity.

If you're not getting the results you want, try increasing the number of Minimum Likes.

Last edited:
Digging a bit more we have anywhere from 1000-1900 likes a day. Seems off less than 20 posts could be seen as trending when we have 25 pages of trending threads?
The thread and post algorithms work on different criteria. Try tweaking the settings so you get nearer to the results you want people to see.

To that end we include the age of posts in the algorithm. So a post with 5 likes made 5 minutes ago (5 likes / 5 minutes = 1 like per minute) will be shown higher than a post with 50 likes made 100 minutes ago (50 likes / 100 minutes = 0.5 likes per minute). The more recent post is trending more because it's getting more likes per minute. This will naturally mean that more recent posts being liked more now will get preference.

I like that idea.

I don't know. Please try it and tell me what happens.

From what I can see it appears it does not, but I figured I'd ask if I missed something somewhere.

Feature: Thread Preview on thread titles.

Top Bottom