Transfer Site to New Hosting

kingjavo

Anyone know where I can find information on this? Not really sure what all needs to be done. Also, anyway to do it when you can't see your cPanel on the old hosting?

Your new host should be able to advise. Well, not just advise they should be able actually do the transfer with the cooperation of they old host.

If they can't do that these days then I wouldn't even consider them as a host.

Can't access cPanel and now FTP for some reason. Plus can't get a response from my hosting guy. Plus I've had issues with the hosting service and I'm ready to move on.

Can't access cPanel and now FTP for some reason. Plus can't get a response from my hosting guy. Plus I've had issues with the hosting service and I'm ready to move on.
Do you have web disk or ssh access? If so, and you have daily or weekly backups enabled in cPanel you can just grab backups of the server and database from the standard backup locations if so. Or, do you have backups enabled to a remote location? If your only admin access is through Xenforo itself, you could install an add-on that provides it's own backup mechanism e.g.:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/solidmean-forumbackup.3605/

Note: this only copies the backup locally. They have another add-on to SFTP the backup to another host:
[SolidMean] ForumBackup SFTP Transfer

Do you have web disk or ssh access? If so, and you have daily or weekly backups enabled in cPanel you can just grab backups of the server and database from the standard backup locations if so. Or, do you have backups enabled to a remote location? If your only admin access is through Xenforo itself, you could install an add-on that provides it's own backup mechanism e.g.:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/solidmean-forumbackup.3605/

Note: this only copies the backup locally. They have another add-on to SFTP the backup to another host:
[SolidMean] ForumBackup SFTP Transfer
Good to know! Thanks for the option.

Top Bottom