XF 1.1 Transfer attachment to another thread

Morgain

On one board for study groups we keep transcripts of discussions held in chatrooms.
We dont like to make this an open forum as users will rely on it too much and not pay attention at the time :(
So we issue transcripts to absentees on request.

I'm looking at making a Request Transcript forum so a user can only see their own requests.
Being able to transfer an attachment from its source thread on our storage forum direct without having to download it and save it locally, would make a deadly chore 10 - 20 times a day a LOT quicker easier, and avoid the unnecessary load on our own computers.

There is no such option. Doing this properly will require an addon.

For what it's worth, uploading the attachment again to the new post shouldn't consume anymore space on the server. The system will know it's the same attachment for both posts.

For what it's worth, uploading the attachment again to the new post shouldn't consume anymore space on the server. The system will know it's the same attachment for both posts.

Hi Jake,

I just double checked and the above appears to be an inaccurate statement. Try uploading the same image in two different posts and you will see that there will be two saved images on the server one for each upload.

Hi Jake,

I just double checked and the above appears to be an inaccurate statement. Try uploading the same image in two different posts and you will see that there will be two saved images on the server one for each upload.

Two separate data files in internal_data?

I didn't test it when posting, but I could have sworn it used a hash check.

Top Bottom