Top Poster Statistics Widgets+Contest Winner+Page Of Day-Week-Month

Top Poster Statistics Widgets+Contest Winner+Page Of Day-Week-Month 2.1.0

No permission to download
Figured out the whole thing with winner declaration, I will just have to check it every month to make sure it happens at the right time. :)

Is there a way to also show the "Top Poster Of Month" banner on the users profile and membercard? And not just only on their message user info in threads? :) Tried copying the banners code to show in those places, but without luck. Is there a specific code that will make them appear if I insert it the right places? :)

Okay this is weird, we are still in July but it shows August top posters for some reason...today is July 31st...is there something I need to edit out? I double checked my timezone settings and everything seems to be fine.

I'm having a big problem regarding the declaration of the Winner of the Month. The timezone for my forum is GMT -5 so currently we are still in July. The problem here is that the add-on has already declared the winner of July and is currently counting every post for the August contest while we are still on July! It appears that it was a problem with the crontask "Top Poster Of Month Winner Declaration" running before August 1st and I have fixed that: "Next Run: 1 Ago 2014, 00:00" however the add-on is still counting every post made by my members for the August contest and that is incorrect just as the current winner of July is incorrect, too.

How I can fix this? I need a real July winner to be declared on 1 Ago 2014, 00:00 (when the cron runs).

Last edited:
I'm having a big problem regarding the declaration of the Winner of the Month. The timezone for my forum is GMT -5 so currently we are still in July. The problem here is that the add-on has already declared the winner of July and is currently counting every post for the August contest while we are still on July! It appears that it was a problem with the crontask "Top Poster Of Month Winner Declaration" running before August 1st and I have fixed that: "Next Run: 1 Ago 2014, 00:00" however the add-on is still counting every post made by my members for the August contest and that is incorrect just as the current winner of July is incorrect, too.

How I can fix this? I need a real July winner to be declared on 1 Ago 2014, 00:00 (when the cron runs).

Yep, we are having the same issues too...

And here are some other problems:

1. I can't find the phrase to translate "Top Posters" (shown on the Members drop-down menu on the navbar). Seems hardcoded.
2. When on /forum_path/topposters/ the name of each month (January, February, March and so) aren't reading the respective XenForo phrases ("month_1", "month_2", "month_3" and so).
3. On the Winner of the Last Month widget (using Widget Framework) there is the username and the amount of posts. For example: "Mike, 100 Posts". The word "Posts" isn't reading the respective XenForo phrase "posts". The Current Month Leaderboard widget is working fine though.
4. I can't find the phrase "Top Poster Of Month" (the user banner). Seems hardcoded.

Last edited:
@surfsup

Sometimes when I restart my server the top poster resets, only the last month winner is there. But it clears the current month. Is there anyway to keep that cache?

Guys, check your php timezone set?
By the way, XenForo cron doesn't follow timezone also, they use UTC I think.
Pleas confirm @Brogan

And here are some other problems:

1. I can't find the phrase to translate "Top Posters" (shown on the Members drop-down menu on the navbar). Seems hardcoded.
2. When on /forum_path/topposters/ the name of each month (January, February, March and so) aren't reading the respective XenForo phrases ("month_1", "month_2", "month_3" and so).
3. On the Winner of the Last Month widget (using Widget Framework) there is the username and the amount of posts. For example: "Mike, 100 Posts". The word "Posts" isn't reading the respective XenForo phrase "posts". The Current Month Leaderboard widget is working fine though.
4. I can't find the phrase "Top Poster Of Month" (the user banner). Seems hardcoded.
I found the banner phrase and widget post phrase to be hardcoded. You can search for the template file and edit them.

ls_pom_winner (Winner Widget Post Phrase)
ls_pom_winner_ribbon (Winner Banner Phrase)

XenForo_Application::time returns a GMT time which means that XenForo runs the cron at 1st of each month GMT 00 : 00
You'll have to adjust the cron timing to suit your zone *I think the people living to the west of the time zone will have to deal with having a few hours difference between real time of winner declaration because this issue is beyond my reach*.

Btw the phrases thing has been noted, I had already fixed them in V2.0 which would release most probably next week.
Some of the things that you could see in V2.0
1. Ability to exclude Forums
2. Phrases Fix
3. Better Widget Framework Support. This would include native WF caching and native renderers.
4. Likes Received *Possible but not sure if I would want to include this*
5. Translate name of months
+ Tons of internal optimization.

PS: If you got any suggestions or feature request for V2.0, please suggest and I'll try to include it if it is feasible.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
XenForo_Application::time returns a GMT time which means that XenForo runs the cron at 1st of each month GMT 00 : 00
You'll have to adjust the cron timing to suit your zone *I think the people living to the west of the time zone will have to deal with having a few hours difference between real time of winner declaration because this issue is beyond my reach*.

Btw the phrases thing has been noted, I had already fixed them in V2.0 which would release most probably next week.
Some of the things that you could see in V2.0
1. Ability to exclude Forums
2. Phrases Fix
3. Better Widget Framework Support. This would include native WF caching and native renderers.
4. Likes Received *Possible but not sure if I would want to include this*
+ Tons of internal optimization.

PS: If you got any suggestions or feature request for V2.0, please suggest and I'll try to include it if it is feasible.

Where would I have to go to edit that out?

I put a user into a usergroup that wasn't allowed (unticked) for this add-on. The user was then removed from showing in the current month leaderboard, but still displayed in the previous months, and also as a winner for last month. I manually ran the cron job, but still the same scenario. Bug, or have I missed something?
That's correct, and it appears to only work on the primary usergroup for each user too.
Following XF recommended process, same as you've outlined, it essentially renders the usergroup selection for this addon as useless. You have to select the registered usergroup to include anyone, and you get everyone.
I'll take a look into this.
Just a reminder that this is still an issue, and wasn't resolved in last weeks 1.2.4 update.

Scenario: Don't select 'registered user', but only select 'paid members' usergroup. Add-on gives no results. You have to select 'registered users' to get anyone, and then of course you get everyone.

Very Nice. But include Likes/Post Ratings count also in determining the Top Poster. Also instead of User Group, pls make it for Secondary User Group.

Top Bottom