To our Aussie crowd, let us know

Elizabeth

If everyone is okay down under...

Been watching the news and the flooding is horrid. I pray all our members are okay.

Also pray everyone Down Under will be okay.

I'm assuming that Jethro and Kim are ok as they have been posting. But I have been concerned as well, since I haven't seen a couple of other Aussies on here in the past few days.

I'm assuming that Jethro and Kim are ok as they have been posting. But I have been concerned as well.
Me too, Peggy but who knows how close they are to the flood waters...I'm assuming they aren't under water or they wouldn't be on our "grid" but still...how close is it to them????
I'm not much for praying, but I hope for everyone's safety and a speedy recovery.
You can "swing critters" as another forum I belong to does when prayers are not your thing. :)

Peggy, by the looks of it from the films many people are on the roof like they were in New Orleans during Katrina, I hope they all get saved in the rescue effort.

Peggy, by the looks of it from the films many people are on the roof like they were in New Orleans during Katrina, I hope they all get saved in the rescue effort.
yeah I've been seeing that too. Like I said, a couple of our aussie members haven't been on in the past few days, so I'm hoping that's not them on their rooftop. :confused:
s

You can "swing critters" as another forum I belong to does when prayers are not your thing. :)
Can't say I've ever heard that one before
confused.png

Actually it started as swinging lizards, but so many of us preferred other critters, it morphed to swining critters, I swing cats (altho mine get grumpy when they are virtually swung, LOL) Since the forum has a very healthy non Christian crowd, it was done to avoid upsetting them. It just works.

Actually it started as swinging lizards, but so many of us preferred other critters, it morphed to swining critters, I swing cats (altho mine get grumpy when they are virtually swung, LOL) Since the forum has a very healthy non Christian crowd, it was done to avoid upsetting them. It just works.
hmm...interesting. Just FYI, I don't get upset by people who send me their prayers. It's the thought that counts, nothing else :) But back on topic... :D

I'm assuming that Jethro and Kim are ok as they have been posting. But I have been concerned as well, since I haven't seen a couple of other Aussies on here in the past few days.

We're on the Central Coast of NSW, no heavy rain here, about the only danger we're facing is drunk bogans.

Queensland has been hit hard, Brisbane (our third largest City) has been devastated, parts of regional Queensland have been simply destroyed by flash flooding. Floods also in rural NSW and Victoria. But just to be different they are having bush fires over in W.A.

Not sure if we have any Queensland members, but if not posting probably due to power cuts.

To put things in perspective, much worse situation in Brazil currently.

I don't watch the news all that much, then I see stories like this... I feel sorry for them, If I had a wealth of cash as if I could throw them around; these guys would be the first on my list. :(

First Katrina, then Haiti, now Austrailia!? WTF?

I have a friend in Brisbane and another friend whose son and daughter-in-law have had to be evacuated. Been following it very closely since it started. Prayers definitely going up here.

If praying's not your thing, maybe you'd like to donate to the relief fund.
http://telethon.smartservice.qld.gov.au/

Hi Liz, and everyone, thanks so much for your concern, Jeff and I are fine as he said, no where near the flooding thankfully, but we have been watching with horror at the events this week, it was just so unexpected that "inland tsunami" that killed most of the people, they had no warning at all, and most of those killed were in an area for which there has never in recorded history been a flood like this, so they couldn't ever have anticipated it.

It's also so shocking to see a major city inundated by flood water like that, just horrible.

I have felt so powerless and distressed all week by this, I wish there was more we could do. A modest donation is all I have been able to do and it feels so inadequate.

Our thoughts are with all those who have been affected, and who have lost loved ones.

I am lucky to be over in Western Australia,well away from the flooding. It is just terrible seeing all the pictures out of queensland. As Jethro said,our biggest problem was a bushfire this week (thankfully not near me!) That was deliberately lit and had Seven different fires join together to make one massive fire.

If any members from the flood zone are reading this,Please stay safe and good luck with the cleanup efforts,when they can begin.

Top Bottom