To buy it or not.

gmaister22

Hello guys

I have been a member here and owned a license of xenforo since its beta stages...i have though sold it a year ago and made a switch to IPB due to the fact of more advanced mods and a way faster development...

I'm back now and checking how things going, and re considering switching back to xenforo...IPB is nice, plus IPB 4 should be out Q4 of 2013 that being said.

I really want to see new stuff from xenforo, its been like that without any serious development for a bit now. Are things going to change? I really want to make that change, since IPB is becoming, well it has become really mainstream now that it has become way better than vBulletin, but, they do come out with their IPB 4 version, they completely recode the software and it will be based on JQuery too.

I would also like to see official addons for xenforo too, its a big boost...but back to my topic, my question is about the developing process/speed. Are things going to get better? It's been really slow for noww...

Hello guys

I have been a member here and owned a license of xenforo since its beta stages...i have though sold it a year ago and made a switch to IPB due to the fact of more advanced mods and a way faster development...

I'm back now and checking how things going, and re considering switching back to xenforo...IPB is nice, plus IPB 4 should be out Q4 of 2013 that being said.

I really want to see new stuff from xenforo, its been like that without any serious development for a bit now. Are things going to change? I really want to make that change, since IPB is becoming, well it has become really mainstream now that it has become way better than vBulletin, but, they do come out with their IPB 4 version, they completely recode the software and it will be based on JQuery too.

I would also like to see official addons for xenforo too, its a big boost...but back to my topic, my question is about the developing process/speed. Are things going to get better? It's been really slow for noww...

I'm guessing you didn't read the news lately, Xenforo and Vbulletin (keep forgetting the name of the company) were in a lawsuit and the process takes months so all of the Xenforo developers were busy with it. They won't say anything about the outcome, but now that the lawsuit is finished (actually finished this week) they're plans to release the Resource Manager add-on in two weeks (March 26th) and gave everyone with a licence a 265 days extended licence.

Let me quote the e-mail they sent out:

Xenforo said:
Litigation Resolved

As you may be aware, XenForo had been involved in litigation for the past few years. We are happy to announce that this litigation has now been resolved, and we are ready move on from this chapter in our history. We are totally committed to making XenForo the best forum software that we can. A special thank you to all of our customers for supporting us throughout this.
Licenses Extended

As a gesture of goodwill for the support we've received, we have extended the support and updates for licenses that had access to version 1.1.3 by 255 days, the number of days between the release of 1.1.3 and the initial announcement of the license extension.
Resource Manager Available on March 26th with 24 Hour Sale

The long-awaited XenForo Resource Manager add-on will become available for purchase on March 26th at 12:00 noon GMT. The Resource Manager is designed to manage files, tutorials, and other article-like content along side your forum, with a focus on the initial content rather than discussion.
The Resource Manager's full price will be $60, but for the first 24 hours (March 26th 12:00 noon GMT until March 27th 12:00 noon GMT), it will be on sale for just $20, a 66.6% saving!
Learn more about the Resource Manager and the sale...
Development Update: 1.1.4 to be released soon

XenForo 1.1.4 will be released in the near future. As with most maintenance releases, 1.1.4 will fix a number of bugs, but it will also include some anti-spam improvements. These improvements include a registration timer and the use of DNSBLs to detect spammers when they register.
You can learn more about these features in this thread in the 'Have You Seen' forum.
Development Update: 1.2 development continues

Along with preparing XenForo 1.1.4 and putting the final touches on the Resource Manager, development of XenForo 1.2 continues. Version 1.2 will add a number of features to XenForo, including further anti-spam improvements, adjustments to make XenForo easier to use on phones and tablets, and much more.
We have not announced a release date for 1.2. More information about the features that you'll be seeing in 1.2 will be posted in the 'Have You Seen' forum.

XF development was formally notified as on hold last August.
It was notified as cleared to reopen again a couple of weeks ago, after XF won a big court case which was draining rime energy and money from the team.

Mike one of the two central developers has notified members of an outline roadmap.

The immensely powerful XF Resource Manager is due out March 26,
on sale for 24 hours at $20, then $60 after that.
The RM can be seen on the Resources tab above.
It handles permitted usergroup/s t create its pages with the data you see. Links to discussion thread.
Can be used as a showcase, classifieds, articles, reviews.

A maintenance update is due out very soon. Incl. anti spam improvements- a registration timer and the use of DNSBLs to detect spammers when they register.

XF 1.2 is now under active development to add a number of features to XenForo, including further anti-spam improvements, adjustments to make XenForo easier to use on phones and tablets, and much more.
No release date yet. This will be announced in the Have You Seen forum at top of the foruumlist.

I forgot to add that XF development was so fast before it went on hold that you couldn't keep up with this board.
It's very quiet right now but beginning to rev up again now the boys are back on the job.
Just you wait! XF development is fun!
Plus they really listen to what we want.

Top Bottom