TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Snog...

Just changed it to have it store my images locally. Tried running all crons, everything else. Am I missing something in order to get these to start appearing again?
The cron will make them appear, but to prevent timeouts it is limited as to how many threads it does. Either run it multiple times until all images show or wait for the cron to hit all threads.

Also be sure these folders are all writeable on your server..
/data/tvthreads
/data/tvthreads/EpisodePosters
/data/tvthreads/LargePosters
/data/tvthreads/SmallPosters

Snog updated TMDb TV Thread Starter with a new update entry:

TMDb TV Thread Starter Update 2.0.8

An update to the TMDb TV Thread Starter system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Change - TV poster in threads now uses css class to avoid resizing
  • Change - TV Category description now uses css class
  • Fix - Hard coded error phrases now XF phrases
  • Fix - Unable to post episodes in auto created episode discussion sub-forum

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello ,

I have the add-on installed until the test forum , since everything appears correctly .
( See pictures )

Then I installed it in the live forum, the show does not fit .
( See pictures )

Any idea why this happens ?

Thank you
Delazar

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto2.webp
    Bildschirmfoto2.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Bildschirmfoto5.webp
    Bildschirmfoto5.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Bildschirmfoto4.webp
    Bildschirmfoto4.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Bildschirmfoto3.webp
    Bildschirmfoto3.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 7
Any idea why this happens ?
There has to be something different with the live site.

Either some templates don't match the ones on your test site, or there are other add-ons installed on the live site that aren't on the test site. Or, there are template modifications on the live site that aren't on the test site.

Just being curious. I read on another forum that someone got a dmca from google
concerning his movie/tv content. He claims there are no movies on his site, and
he just pulls movie info, btw, he also stated that google removed him from the search index.

I am not even going into the concerns of posting duplicate content...

What do you guys think?

Just being curious. I read on another forum that someone got a dmca from google
concerning his movie/tv content. He claims there are no movies on his site, and
he just pulls movie info, btw, he also stated that google removed him from the search index.

I am not even going into the concerns of posting duplicate content...

What do you guys think?
I'd like to see the site where that was posted.

I doubt it was from using this add-on. Attribution is given on every page where movie information is posted. And duplicate content shouldn't apply because of any ensuing conversation that results from posting a movie. There are a multitude of sites that discuss movies and TV shows using the information from TMDb and I've never heard of one of them being removed from Google.

If the person removed the TMDb attribution, then yes I could see where a complaint might be filed.

The only thing I can think of is the person may have been using IMDB data, which will eventually catch up with you and you will get DMCA notices from them. IMDB is a part of the Amazon companies and there is a pretty large licensing fee to use their data.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the site where that was posted.

I doubt it was from using this add-on. Attribution is given on every page where movie information is posted. And duplicate content shouldn't apply because of any ensuing conversation that results from posting a movie.

If the person removed the TMDB attribution, then yes I could see where a complaint might be filed.

I can send you the link if interested...

I never said it was your addon, but if he got burned on
pulling content, then it would not matter what addon he
was using, or it may, I dunno.

Of course I am curious on any possible implications (if any)
I think it would be foolish for anyone not to ask...

according to another member, his claim is just one sided, and
that is true, when sites get banned, and people start complaining,
then they start leaving out the real facts on why they got banned...

something like:
"I got banned from adsense"
(I had 4 adsense accounts, and I dont know why I
got banned. I did not do anything wrong...)

Yes, please send me a link by PC.

TMDb is a free database compiled by it's members. The data is free and usable by anyone so long as attribution is made where the data is used.

I've ran into a small problem :) I had a set of TV shows with their own forums set up under a TV Show category, but I decided to separate them into two categories (both using the TV Show format). After moving them, I've now found I can't post normal threads into the main forum for the show (with having the subforum for episodes). It wants only episode formats in it.

So instead of this:-
this1.webp

I'm getting this:-
This2.webp

I need to be sure I understand how they were and how they are now to try and duplicate the problem.

Were they like this?
Code:
TV Category
    Game of Thrones (forum)
    Defiant (forum)

And now like this?
Code:
TV Category 1
    Game of Thrones (forum)
TV Category 2
    Defiant (forum)

Essentially yes.

Basically I had a TV Category with all shows listed, all having automatically made episode subforums. Then I decided to split it so that the shows that were Sci Fi Fantasy based were under a new TV Category. I moved the relevant ones into it (along with their episode subforums) and now this issue has happened :D

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am able to duplicate the problem.

For now, to get you going you can fix the problem by using PhpMyAdmin to edit the xf_tv_forum table and changing the tv_parent to the new category ID that the forums are in. You need to do this for the TV forum and the Episode forums.

field.webp

If you're not comfortable with that, I can do it for you if you like.

It will take me a while to write a fix for this, so I'd suggest not moving forums until I can get it done.

Snog updated TMDb TV Thread Starter with a new update entry:

TMDb TV Thread Starter Update 2.1.0

An update to the TMDb TV Thread Starter system has been released. Those that have purchased this mod, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Wrong new thread display after moving TV Forum to different TV Category.

Read the rest of this update entry...

NOTE: If you have moved forums and have the wrong new thread display, you must manually change the database table as decribed in the post above. This update does not correct forums that have already been moved.

Upgrading to xF 1.5 causes this error and the forum list doesn't load as the result. Site works again disabling the addon.

ErrorException: stristr() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given - library/Snog/TvThreads/Model/Thread.php:46
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago

Top Bottom