TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Would it be possible to get some custom classes added. Trying to style some parts are an absolute nightmare :)

For example, trying to style the Show Info area,

showinfo.webp
results in the thread listing also changing colour
threadlist.webp

**DISCLAIMER ** Brown colour used for effect, not for final styling :D

Would it be possible to get some custom classes added. Trying to style some parts are an absolute nightmare :)

For example, trying to style the Show Info area,

results in the thread listing also changing colour

**DISCLAIMER ** Brown colour used for effect, not for final styling :D
I'll see what I can do in the future. But, the template should be following the standard settings for the style in Style Properties. They should look no different than a regular forum. And that was intentional to be sure the add-on would conform to standards.

I'll see what I can do in the future. But, the template should be following the standard settings for the style in Style Properties. They should look no different than a regular forum. And that was intentional to be sure the add-on would conform to standards.
Granted.. but I have a tendency to style the Forum Titles and as much as possible. It's always nice to be able to make things look unique :D

@Sheldon ... What you've done with this add-on on your Family Guy site is absolutely amazing! Love it! :D

Appreciate it. Slowly coming along. Can't wait to get some ratings in, I know I still have a couple things that I need to tweak, then it's on to mobile.

Request/observation/suggestion :)
Working on the style for TeeVeeTown, I noticed that there aren't a full range of Thread Tools options for TV Show threads or any threads that get posted within a specific TV Show forum.

In a standard forum thread, you get the following range of options (plus FT if you have it installed)
standardthread.webp
but in a thread for a tv show or even a standard thread posted within a forum made via the Add a TV Show option, you only get the following choices.

tvidscuss.webp

Now, I can understand not having the ability to add a poll to tv show threads, but I think having the rest of the options available would be a good idea - especially for standard threads within a TV forum, since they still should behave the same way as any other thread. I'd like the ability to sticky specific TV show threads or even close them but they still require moderation ability, even though they're a different kind of thread.

So, could I request that these options be added, please? :) I wonder if something is missing/removed in the code somewhere, since there is no ability to Feature a thread either and that should be added to Thread Tools automatically.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Request/observation/suggestion :)
Working on the style for TeeVeeTown, I noticed that there aren't a full range of Thread Tools options for TV Show threads or any threads that get posted within a specific TV Show forum.

In a standard forum thread, you get the following range of options (plus FT if you have it installed)
but in a thread for a tv show or even a standard thread posted within a forum made via the Add a TV Show option, you only get the following choices.

Now, I can understand not having the ability to add a poll to tv show threads, but I think having the rest of the options available would be a good idea - especially for standard threads within a TV forum, since they still should behave the same way as any other thread. I'd also like the ability to sticky specific TV show threads or even close them. They still require moderation ability, even though they're a different kind of thread.

So, could I request that these options be added, please? :) I wonder if something is missing/removed in the code somewhere, since there is no ability to Feature a thread either and that should be added to Thread Tools automatically.

Thanks!
The TV system uses it's own templates. It doesn't use the built in XF templates at all. So most add-ons for thread management won't work with the TV system, especially if the add-on uses the Template Modification System. If it uses the hook system, it should work since most (if not all) of the same hooks are in the TV templates.

The options you're asking about were added in 1.4 and I'll see if those options can be added without sacrificing compatibility with earlier XF versions.

Last edited:
The extra moderator abilities are easy enough to add, as they have been added to a couple of sites now.
Screenshot_10.webp

The Featured Threads part is still a WIP.

Hello @Snog , I am thinking about installing this addon. We already have busy movie and TV Show forums
http://www.avforums.com/forums/movie-forum.37/
http://www.avforums.com/forums/tv-show-forum.55/
Is it possible to assign movies / TV shows to existing threads and have the information added to the start of the first post or insert a new first post with a timestamp equal to the original first post? How would it work?

Also what database changes are made? Are there any changes to the thread or post tables? This is a big deal as ours have millions of records.
Does uninstalling this addon break existing theads at all?

I keep having more questions. The date format you use for the show date - YYYY-MM-DD - is that fixed? I'd want to use the UK format DD/MM/YYYY.

Last edited:
Hello @Snog , I am thinking about installing this addon. We already have busy movie and TV Show forums
http://www.avforums.com/forums/movie-forum.37/
http://www.avforums.com/forums/tv-show-forum.55/
Is it possible to assign movies / TV shows to existing threads and have the information added to the start of the first post or insert a new first post with a timestamp equal to the original first post? How would it work?

Also what database changes are made? Are there any changes to the thread or post tables? This is a big deal as ours have millions of records.
Does uninstalling this addon break existing theads at all?
If you use an existing forum for the TV Thread starter and enable the 'Enable Manual Updates' option, every thread that doesn't have the proper TV information will show this at the top of the thread...

missing.webp

Where you can manually enter the information. Unfortunately it is a manual process because there's no good way to read a thread to get the information needed to update it. The TV Show information is appended to the top of the first post and the date stamp for the post is not touched so it will remain the same. Also if there isn't any information for a TV thread, the thread image will show a default 'no poster found' image in the forum list until it is updated...

noposter.webp

There are no changes made to the thread or post tables. All information is held in separate tables dedicated to the add-on. However, there is a change to the forum table that is needed for Genre and/or Network limiting. Two integer columns are added to the forum table for this purpose. But the forum table isn't usually a problem on big boards. (NOTE: This is only true of the TV Thread starter, the Movie Thread starter still changes the thread tables)

This add-on does not touch existing threads or other forums at all. So it doesn't break any existing threads.

Last edited:
I keep having more questions. The date format you use for the show date - YYYY-MM-DD - is that fixed? I'd want to use the UK format DD/MM/YYYY.
The date format is sent by TMDb, not by the add-on. It is simply displayed as it is sent directly from TMDb. And that format actually simplifies sorting when the threads are sorted by 'First Aired' date.

Thanks for the info. I see an issue here as not all the threads in our forums are about a specific movie or TV show and never will be. What is the best solution here? Is there an option to display the normal thread list? Or only display the Title image and information for assigned threads and display unassigned threads normally?

Thanks for the info. I see an issue here as not all the threads in our forums are about a specific movie or TV show and never will be. What is the best solution here? Is there an option to display the normal thread list? Or only display the Title image and information for assigned threads and display unassigned threads normally?
Unfortunately there is neither an option to display the normal thread list or to only display the show image for threads that contain TV information.

The only option would be to move non-TV specific threads to a different forum.

Also once a forum is used for the TV show add-on, it is dedicated to that and requires a TV Show to be input when creating a thread in that forum.

Last edited:
Unfortunately there is neither an option to display the normal thread list or to only display the show image for threads that contain TV information.

The only option would be to move non-TV specific threads to a different forum.

Also once a forum is used for the TV show add-on, it is dedicated to that and requires a TV Show to be input when creating a thread in that forum.
Ah, that's going to kill the idea for us, unfortunately. See sometimes people want to talk about TV shows that *will*, *could* or *should* be created, and would need to be able to create a thread unlinked to an existing show. And I don't want to create a separate forum for this purpose.

Perhaps you could consider updating your addon to make this element optional for each thread.

Last edited:
Snog updated TMDb TV Thread Starter with a new update entry:

Thread Starter Update 2.0.5

An update to the TMDb TV Thread Starter system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please run tvthreads_install.php to install this update.

This update fixes the following problem found in 2.0.4...
  • Fix enhanced quote not working in tv threads
  • Fix first post on second page not multi-quotable
  • Fix preview error
  • Fix release date error when adding TV info to existing threads
  • Fix moderator edit not working from forum thread list
  • Change - Now using the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom