TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Will it automatically update any seasons I add which don't currently have an overview?

For example, The Walking Dead Season 5 has no overview and no information/thumbnails for the 3 episodes listed. If I add the season just now will it overwrite the default placeholder via a cron task when the TheMovieDB site has updated info?

Will it automatically update any seasons I add which don't currently have an overview?

For example, The Walking Dead Season 5 has no overview and no information/thumbnails for the 3 episodes listed. Will these update via a cron task or should I wait until the info starts being listed before adding Season 5 to my forums?
The image, title and description will update for episodes.

The poster will update automatically for the season. The season overview update will be added in the next release.

The season overview update might come sooner than expected. I spotted a bug in the poster update for seasons, so it may come tomorrow.

Last edited:
Something I'd like to add...

If you have an image or overview for a particular show, don't be afraid to add it at TMDb. You have an account there so editing a show is allowed and it will help everyone that uses TMDb.

I've got the above done with a simple template modification.

tv_node_forum_level_2

Find:
Code:
<div class="nodeLastPost secondaryContent" {xen:if '!{$forum.tv_issub} || {$xenOptions.TvThreads_season_poster}', 'style="margin-top:40px;"'}>

After, add:
Code:
<xen:include template="waindigo_node_forum_avatar_lastpostavatar" />

Screenshot_8.webp

Now to get the subforums to display how I want... hehehe.

Just so everyone knows...

I was going to release an update this morning, but I need to wait for the API database to update at TMDb to check some functionality. Once that happens I'll release it.

Found the source of this error. It looks like a conflict between this and Thumbnails by Waindigo. The error was occurring when doing a search on my site. I've disabled the option from that mod to show thumbnails in search results and everything seems to be working again :)
I'll put the fix for that in the next release.

Posters downloading from TMDb is not something this add-on has control over and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Was actually there a bit ago getting some info and some of their images were broken...
(as well as at Family Guy Fans)

After a bit, cleared up. That's just how it goes sometimes.

That's why I store images locally. No problem with images coming from another site.

Last edited:
Snog updated TMDb TV Thread Starter with a new update entry:

TMDb TV Thread Starter Update 2.0.3

An update to the TMDb TV Thread Starter system has been released. Those that have purchased this mod, please run tvthreads_install.php to install this update.

This update includes the following items...
  • Add - Phrase to distinguish difference between network and genre not allowed
  • Add - Season overview update to season cron task
  • Add - Cron task to update episode images/titles/plots in regular tv show threads
  • Add - All cron tasks now automatically turn off/on as needed
  • Fix...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Everytime someone replies to a TV Show thread I'm getting an error, currently have 260 of these things in the ACP.

errorlog.webp

I'm getting the Undefined variable error too. The reply still gets posted.

Undefined variable: tvepisode
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Snog/TvThreads/ControllerPublic/Threads.php at line 662
  2. Snog_TvThreads_ControllerPublic_Threads->actionAddReply() in sonnbStopSpamHere/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 21
  3. sonnbStopSpamHere_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/public_html/index.php at line 13

I've just upgraded to xenForo 1.4b3 so don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Top Bottom