TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Upgrading to xF 1.5 causes this error and the forum list doesn't load as the result. Site works again disabling the addon.

ErrorException: stristr() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given - library/Snog/TvThreads/Model/Thread.php:46
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Thanks Mike.

I won't have a chance to look at it today. But I'll install 1.5 Beta tomorrow and have a look at it.

Sleep does wonders for the brain. We were out late Friday night celebrating multiple birthdays so Saturday was not a good day to be looking at code and data changes. :cautious:

My main concern IS that some lunatic is going to WANT to convert all of their TV show threads to forums. That raises a concern where if they have 1000 TV threads, they would end up with 2000 forums.
*raises hand* I'm one of those lunatics, @Snog . :p Though I'll be doing it manually.

On another note though, I realise it's not optimal having so many forums, but the category option really appeals to me because of the season sub-forums feature.

Viewing the category list (1,000 TV shows) without any pagination or filtering options would be a very long page for the user to scroll through indeed...

Is it possible to add some pagination/filtering options on the category for TV shows mode? Maybe filtering by alphabetical order (i.e. click an ABC letter and it shows forums starting with that letter).

Happy to contribute to the cost if it's feasible..

Otherwise I suppose I could separate all the titles into dedicated genre category nodes, but problem is in my niche the titles have lots of genre overlap - can be difficult to segregate. I was hoping to just drop them all into the one category.

I'm not going to say it's not possible, but there is no provision in XenForo itself for limiting the number of forums displayed in a category and paginating them. So because I've not researched it, I'm not 100% sure of what would be involved or if it's even possible. I'll put it on the wish list as a 'research' item, but I won't say it will ever make it into the add-on.

Thanks for your response @Snog.

I can live with spreading them out in different categories. :)

So on that note - is is then possible to move TV Show forums that have been created inside a given TV Show Category, and move them into a different TV Show Category at a later time?

As a test, I tried doing this from the Node Tree in the Admin CP, the TV Show forum reverted back to a normal forum node and the poster/summary/cast info was no longer displaying. So it seems moving the TV Show forum is breaking the database link which I'm guessing is tied to the original TV Show Category it's created in.

Example structure:
(e.g. tried to move Angel Beats from Currently Airing to Finished Airing)

Anime (category)
- Currently Airing (category - defined as TV Show Category in TMDB)
-- Angel Beats (TV Show forum created)​
- Finished Airing (category - defined as TV Show Category in TMDB)
-- Neon Genesis Evangelion​
- General Discussion (normal forum node)​

To clarify, I'm only using Categories for TV Shows. Not using Forums for TV Threads at all.

If this is not possible at the moment, then I would love this to be implemented as I would be regularly moving TV Show Forums on a season by season basis. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong / missed an option somewhere.

This is either a bug or it's just not handled at all. I'll have a look and issue an update ASAP.

Hello @Snog,

I was hoping to attach polls (just a simple one members can use to rate the episode for episode rating) when creating a new episode thread but it seems this option is not available. Would it be possible to allow polls to be created when the thread is created? If not possible, no biggie but would help save a few extra clicks. :)

So I decided to attach the poll manually after the episode thread was created and I think I've found a slight issue.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create a new episode thread inside a TV category forum.
  2. Open the thread, then add a poll by going to Thread Tools -> Add Poll.
  3. Create the poll.
  4. When returned to thread, vote on poll by clicking an option, then click Cast your Vote.
  5. Poll box disappears! (it's supposed to refresh just the box)
  6. Refresh the page and it seems OK, vote went through.

Hello @Snog,

I was hoping to attach polls (just a simple one members can use to rate the episode for episode rating) when creating a new episode thread but it seems this option is not available. Would it be possible to allow polls to be created when the thread is created? If not possible, no biggie but would help save a few extra clicks. :)

So I decided to attach the poll manually after the episode thread was created and I think I've found a slight issue.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create a new episode thread inside a TV category forum.
  2. Open the thread, then add a poll by going to Thread Tools -> Add Poll.
  3. Create the poll.
  4. When returned to thread, vote on poll by clicking an option, then click Cast your Vote.
  5. Poll box disappears! (it's supposed to refresh just the box)
  6. Refresh the page and it seems OK, vote went through.
Polls should not be used with the thread starter.

The rating system is in place to allow members to rate the episode. And it inserts the proper meta data for the ratings.

rating.webp

Be sure 'Use Rating System' is checked in the add-on options.

Top Bottom