TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Hi @Snog I have a couple of questions, please.
We use an addon written by Chris D for us (which is not released, yet) which allows us to add custom fields to the new thread form.
Here is how it looks on most of our forums:

1.webp
However, in the forum assigned to the TMDB Movies, the tips for creating a new thread are replaced with the text from the addon.
2.webp

How can I have the text from your addon added to the existing text? I tried to find it in a template modification, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Second question. We use a CDN, but I'm reluctant to enter the CDN into the TMDB settings if that URL is going to be permanently written into the daatabase for each image. Is that the case, or is the CDN path only used when displaying images?

Edit: Oh also, the faint text in the title field reads
TMDb Link or Movie ID...
I edited the phrase tmdbthreads_link to change it to
Thread Title or TMDb Link or Movie ID...

Edit #2: I had to change the display order for the template modification:
thread_list_item Adds movie information to thread list
from 10 to 1 to make it work. Obviously another addon is interfering with it.

Edit #3: I'm guessing it's not too much of a leap to have the addon editable by certain usergroups to add TMDB data to existing threads?
We have a ton of them ripe for use.
https://www.avforums.com/forums/movie-forum.37/

Thank you.

Last edited:
Creating a movie thread is the one template that completely remained within the Movie Thread starter (tmdb_thread_create) and does not use template modifications. So, adding the tips would require Chris to add a template modification for that template to add them.

I already noticed the faint text while doing the TV Thread starter, and it will be wrapped into the next release of the Movie starter.

Since I know how you're going to use the add-on, you can't have both 'Allow Mixed Content' and 'Enable Manual Updates' working at the same time. It's a catch 22 situation. Manual updates pull in all of the info for a movie for the thread list display, but mixed content overrides how the thread list is displayed.

You could temporarily disable 'Allow Mixed Content', do all of your existing threads and then enable 'Allow Mixed Content'.

And the CDN is not written to the database.

Last edited:
Tried to merge two threads and received this error:

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '))' at line 1

[LIST=1]
[*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
[*]Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/Model/Thread.php at line 2278
[*]XenForo_Model_Thread->mergeThreads() in XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Thread.php at line 832
[*]XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Thread->mergeThreads() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Thread.php at line 306
[*]XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Thread->actionMerge() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /community/index.php at line 13
[/LIST]

Tried to merge two threads and received this error:
That is not an error from the Movie Thread starter. The thread starter is not listed in the error trace you posted. That is strictly a XenForo error.

That is not an error from the Movie Thread starter. The thread starter is not listed in the error trace you posted. That is strictly a XenForo error.

I understand but threads in other forums can be merged. Do you have any idea where I can look to get this working? I'm still not good at reading these error messages.

I understand but threads in other forums can be merged. Do you have any idea where I can look to get this working? I'm still not good at reading these error messages.
I don't know of any reason you wouldn't be able to merge threads. The add-on does not interface with XF after the threads are posted. And in any tests I've run on my development server, threads merge without a problem.

Snog updated TMDb Movie Thread Starter with a new update entry:

TMDb Thread Starter Update 2.1.5

An update to the TMDb Thread Starter system has been released. Those that have purchased this mod, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Change - Mixed content and adding missing movie info to thread can be used together
  • Fix - Placeholder phrase for thread title when using mixed content
  • Fix - Compatibility problem with another add-on

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Snog, I think about purchase. BUT! For me totally unacceptable very small poster in first post for movie. If you make possible add poster with size till 600x400 it'll be very cool!

@Snog, I think about purchase. BUT! For me totally unacceptable very small poster in first post for movie. If you make possible add poster with size till 600x400 it'll be very cool!
That won't happen. If you use an image that size it would squeeze the movie information that is displayed next to the poster into a very small area for most users. And that would make it almost unreadable.

Anyone that has downloaded the latest release, please log into your account on my site and download it again.

A revised file wasn't included in the release and the files need to be uploaded to your site again. There's no need to import the XML again.

To be even more specific, the library/Snog/TMDBThreads/Listener/Threads.php file is the one that needs to be uploaded.

There is an incompatibility between this (or the TV TMDB addon or both) and this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/auto-link-titles.2502/

When this link is posted:
http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/...Amazon-Prime-Instant-Video-US-UK-DE/?pageNo=1
The TMDB addon seems to put the -RELEASE- element of the URL into a [RELEASE] BB code which has no end tag.
This screws up the display of the link.
I'm not sure that it's the movie thread starter doing it or not. But I will look into it.

The 'release' tag used by the thread starter is only used in message text for the 'release date' of a movie. Not in the title of a thread. And the tag is closed in the message text.

There is an incompatibility between this (or the TV TMDB addon or both) and this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/auto-link-titles.2502/

When this link is posted:
http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/...Amazon-Prime-Instant-Video-US-UK-DE/?pageNo=1
The TMDB addon seems to put the -RELEASE- element of the URL into a [RELEASE] BB code which has no end tag.
This screws up the display of the link.
OK, I've looked into this and it is working the same as any other XF BB Code.

[RELEASE] is a custom BB Code used by the movie thread starter and it is properly inserting it's <span> and </span> codes.

What I'm saying is if your thread title looked like this...
Code:
[IMG] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)

You would get a broken image when that title is linked in the message text by the auto-link add-on.

You can test that by pasting this url into any message on your site..
Code:
http://snogssite.com/threads/img-a-test-thread.1058/

The best I can suggest is that the auto-link add-on should strip the [ and ] from any link posted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom