TMDb Movie Thread Starter for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Edit the tmdb_movie.css template and add a background color to the .messageMovie section.
Thats what I thought. The first thing I tried. Didn't work. No matter what I do to the following code - it has no effect. Nothing happens when I change any stuff or even if I remove everything.
Code:
.messageMovie {

height:auto;
    min-width:240px;
    text-align:left;
    vertical-align:top;
    overflow:hidden;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    border: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill;
    -moz-border-radius: 5px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
    border-radius: 5px;
    padding: 10px !important;
}

Edit:
Sent a PC

Last edited:
Thats what I thought. The first thing I tried. Didn't work. No matter what I do to the following code - it has no effect. Nothing happens when I change any stuff or even if I remove everything.
Code:
.messageMovie {

height:auto;
    min-width:240px;
    text-align:left;
    vertical-align:top;
    overflow:hidden;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    border: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill;
    -moz-border-radius: 5px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
    border-radius: 5px;
    padding: 10px !important;
}

Edit:
Sent a PC
That means you have caching going on either with your server or your browser.

Try hitting ctrl-F5 in your browser or check the caching system on your server.

That means you have caching going on either with your server or your browser.

Try hitting ctrl-F5 in your browser or check the caching system on your server.
Every CSS edit I have done for the theme shows up immediately except for this edit. Could this be specific to tmdb_movie.css ?

Have sent you a PC

Every CSS edit I have done for the theme shows up immediately except for this edit. Could this be specific to tmdb_movie.css ?

Have sent you a PC
The answer is going to be the same here or by PC.

But I'll switch this conversation to the PC.

@Snog I'm working on a new layout. Is there any way to remove the comma separators from cast and genre listings?

Maybe I've overlooked the obvious but any pointers or help would be appreciated :)

@Snog I'm working on a new layout. Is there any way to remove the comma separators from cast and genre listings?

Maybe I've overlooked the obvious but any pointers or help would be appreciated :)
The commas are in library/Snog/TMDBThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php line 147. The commas for directors and cast are in the same area.

Thanks Snog. I still can't figure it out. I've found the code I need to edit but don't know what I need to do to replace the comma with a space. Everything I tried didn't work and resulted in all the cast list being clubbed together in one long line :oops:

Here's a rough look at what I've got - basically I don't want the comma

Cast.webp

Ah... wait a second. Removing the comma isn't possible where I told you to do it. That will break the microdata for each actor in the comma separated list.

Do it on line 393...

Find...
Code:
if($actor_post) $actor_post .= ', ';

Replace...
Code:
if($actor_post) $actor_post .= ' ';

Sorry about that!

Does anyone know how to enable the like system on TMDB thead starter posts. The first post is using the TMDB thread starter template which doesn't have the like button. Subsequent thread posts and replies have the like button.

Does anyone know how to enable the like system on TMDB thead starter posts. The first post is using the TMDB thread starter template which doesn't have the like button. Subsequent thread posts and replies have the like button.
Since the first post is about a movie and the idea is to rate the movie (not the post), the likes are intentionally disabled for the first post and the movie ratings (Rate This Movie) are used for it.

If you want the original poster's comments to be able to be liked, turn on the option that forces comments into the second post in the thread.

@Snog - seems to be a display issue on the Category mode list view. Plot summary is overlapping with the last post by box:
https://snogssite.com/categories/my-favorite-tv-shows.60/

Edit: oops, was supposed to post this in the TMDb TV thread starter thread.
That's not a display issue with the add-on. It was the settings in the Responsive Design properties for the style. It's corrected now.

If it's not working for you, post a screenshot and tell me what browser you're using.

Last edited:
Top Bottom