TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
At the moment the attachments will be always attached under the "main editor". This is the default XenForo behaviour (from what I was able to see yesterday) even with the default editor.

Well, not behaves this way to me. Attachments are attach in the first editor in the page.

Salud2

Well, not behaves this way to me. Attachments are attach in the first editor in the page.

Salud2
Oh you mean the inserted content and not the uploaded location. I will fix that to make the content inserted in the active editor.

After updating to 1.5.2 version i have the same issue. If i set a custom field as rich text and if it is the first editor listed, ALWAIS the attachments is inserted into them, not into principal editor.

I solve this by:
  1. select the attach into editor, CTRL + X and paste it into principal editor (CTRL + V).
  2. Setting the resource manager custom field below description, but it alwais not looks good.

Issue remain for me.

Salud2

After updating to 1.5.2 version i have the same issue. If i set a custom field as rich text and if it is the first editor listed, ALWAIS the attachments is inserted into them, not into principal editor.

I solve this by:
  1. select the attach into editor, CTRL + X and paste it into principal editor (CTRL + V).
  2. Setting the resource manager custom field below description, but it alwais not looks good.

Issue remain for me.

Salud2
It means you were using FireFox (or XenForo 1.1.x but I don't think so). This FF bug is caused by an old fix that activates the designMode with FF to deal with jQueryTools (jQT) overlays. This old fix is not needed anymore on last versions of XenForo/TinyMCE. So I'm going to disable it on XenForo 1.2 and only targets jQT overlays for older versions.

If you were using another browser with XenForo 1.2.x, update your js cache.

Reactions: lms
@Carla Birch
Yes, it's more fun for users.

Where does it occur, with which browser, which version of XenForo, etc, etc, etc. All usual questions that are needed to start to debug.

@Carla Birch
Yes, it's more fun for users.

Where does it occur, with which browser, which version of XenForo, etc, etc, etc. All usual questions that are needed to start to debug.
@cclaerhout
Xenforo 1.2.2
TinyMCE Quattro 1.5.2
FireFox 24.0 (Mac)

Seems to happen when you have soft removed a thread.
  • Soft delete a thread
  • Click to view deleted thread
  • Click edit on a post
  • You only get the basic editor
Hope this helps.

@cclaerhout
Xenforo 1.2.2
TinyMCE Quattro 1.5.2
FireFox 24.0 (Mac)

Seems to happen when you have soft removed a thread.
  • Soft delete a thread
  • Click to view deleted thread
  • Click edit on a post
  • You only get the basic editor
Hope this helps.
This is because TinyMCE doesn't really like the XenForo Javascripts loader for a reason I fail to understand. I've tried to modify the order of loading JS but it doesn't change. The only solution is so be sure the TinyMCE script is loaded on the page before an overlay is called, I will look for a workaround.

I might have actually an idea why the tinymce file must be loaded before to call an overlay. I suppose the first thing to be loaded on an overlay is the content of the template, then the XenForo loader manage all required Javascripts & css. But if this template have both a required js & a js directly coded in the template, then the one coded directly in the template will be executed first. Which is a problem when it needs the required js to be loaded first.

Edit: nope

Last edited:
Hello Cedric, I recently installed v1.5.2 and received the following error:
Code:
[12-Oct-2013 19:18:26] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING or '(' in /home2/.../library/Sedo/TinyQuattro/Helper/PlayWithColors.php on line 3
and
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(172) "http://.../css.php?css=attachment_editor,bbm_buttons,moderator_bar,sedo_adv_xenhook_tinymce,tiny_quattro_editor&style=2&dir=LTR&d=1381610082"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["css"] => string(88) "attachment_editor,bbm_buttons,moderator_bar,sedo_adv_xenhook_tinymce,tiny_quattro_editor"
    ["style"] => string(1) "2"
    ["dir"] => string(3) "LTR"
    ["d"] => string(10) "1381610082"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Is there something I missed while installing? This is the 1st time installing this addon, which btw is fantastic from what I read. Thx!

Last edited:
@EnragedGames
It's because you're using php 5.2 which doesn't support namespaces. Namespaces are needed by the script MrColor which has been implemented for the integrated skin of TinyMCE with XenForo. Try to use the direct TinyMCE skins. See point 5 of the FAQ. I haven't tried, but I think this helper won't be used anymore. And you really should update to a more recent version of php.

Last edited:
@EnragedGames
It's because you're using php 5.2 which doesn't support namespaces. Namespaces are needed by the script MrColor which has been implemented for the integrated skin of TinyMCE with XenForo. Try to use the direct TinyMCE skins. See point 5 of the FAQ. I've tried, but I think this helper won't be used anymore. And you really should update to a more recent version of php.
Ty for the expedient response! You were absolutely correct, for some reason my php version reverted to 5.2 without my knowledge. I'm very sorry to have taken your time up :x

@Carla Birch

1 good news, 1 bad news.

• The bad news, I didn't find a proper way to fix that. I thought it was coming from my framework. I improved it but it still doesn't work. I can still use a workaround to fix this (load mce on the page) but that's really not a great solution.
  • The good news (put aside that the framework should be cleaner) is that I was able to reproduce that bug on fiddle with only jQueryTools (the script that XenForo uses to create overlays) and TinyMCE. It might came from my code, but I can't do more. Here the link to access the demo: http://jsfiddle.net/nZnQf/. The code will work with that line "<script src="//tinymce.cachefly.net/4.0/tinymce.min.js"></script>" inside the html code, but without it, it will fail when this JavaScript is loaded with Ajax. A message has been sent to TinyMCE developers. If someone has an idea, please let me know.
So I'm certainly going to use the above workaround for a time and try to release it soon. But now, I need a break.

I didn't eat this chocolate bar during my break, but I've still found a clean solution :)
Its uses two kind of loaders for mce (the normal one & the lazy one from the jQuery Mce Plugin).

Reactions: lms
@lms @Carla Birch
Ok, a preview of the version 1.6 is available on Github (a zip file can be directly downloaded). I don't release it here now since they have been a lot of important modifications. If some of you can test it, it would be nice. Thanks.
@cclaerhout
Ok i have uploaded the test version to my site and it seems that the editing of deleted posts is not fixed.
Now when i click view to view a soft deleted post and edit it i get this in the overlay editor (no editor loads)
Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 18.50.36.webp

And then if i click on More Options to load full editor it is giving the html output
Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 18.50.47.webp

All the other modes seem to work fine still, it's just when trying to edit posts that are still soft deleted.

Top Bottom