TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
@cclaerhout

First be sure to understand the §11 of the FAQ. Then if the background color (which uses the @secondaryLightest property) is the same than your font color, just change it using your css ; target this element: "blockquote.mce_quote", for example in your extra template. For reference, the css setting is defined in the template "tiny_quattro_iframe.css".

yes i found it so would be safe to delete/disable it? the

blockquote.mce_quote {
background-color: @secondaryLightest; <----
}

Globally? as in master template or done via TMS Method

@cclaerhout

yes i found it so would be safe to delete/disable it? the

blockquote.mce_quote {
background-color: @secondaryLightest; <----
}

Globally? as in master template or done via TMS Method
In master template => no, you will have to edit the template at every update... and it will apply to all your styles. So it's a bad idea.

Make it easy, just target your style (probably using dark colors everywhere) and edit its extra.css template with this css element to override the background-color property with the value of your choice.

After the last xenforo update the add on is unusable in microsoft edge for some of my members... anyone else seeing this ?

@cclaerhout

how do i remove the Custom section in the Format menu?

eb0b23f59ece495e8c20484f20f519c3.png

i can only find phrases template as for the div cannot hide it as the div id keeps changing.

also any chance for full support in the ACP? as in replace all the editable areas in ACP that says "you may use html" EG nodes, notices, etc..

Last edited:
Hi @cclaerhout,

Right now this is how the HTML for a post is outputted in Xenforo. I've replaced the <> with []:

The first line of my post. [br /]
The second line of my post.[br /]
[br /]
An empty space above this line of text.

Is there a way to make it so that your editor makes the posts like this instead?:

[p]The first line of my post.[/p]
[p]The second line of my post.[/p]
[br /]
[p]An empty space above this line of text.[/p]

Thank you!

i have reallymuchsmiley categories.
right now it seems that tiny quattro sorts them by alphabet, and not by order weight set in controlpanel.
is that a missed feature or did i something wrong?
thanks for any help!

Hi there,

thank you for this great addon! I just installed the latest version 2.7.0 - works all perfect, but the smileys are a problem.
When I chose one from the smiley menu or picker, it will be inserted in maximum size:
Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-25 um 20.00.07.webp
When I just type ":)" and press "Post Reply" the smiley will be inserted correctly into my post.
Just huge size in the editor. With the default editor I didn't have those problems.

What can I do?
Thank you for your help!

Hi and thank you for your reply.
The only code about smileys I found in the tiny_quattro_iframe.css is:
  • <xen:if is="{$smilieSprites}">
But when I look at the code, I don't think this is the right place.
Can you help me here? Which values do I have to change?

Well - ok, works fine! In the editor, the smiley is now in 20px.
But when I want to edit an already written Post, the smiley is still in max. resolution and not 20px.

So the following code in tiny_quattro_iframe.css doesn't cover this editor.
Code:
img[data-smilie="yes"] {
   height: 20px;
}

So where do I have to add which code snippet to also reduce smiley size for the editor which is used to edit already written posts?

Thank you for your help!

Is there a way to automatically add the anchor bbcode to the editor, or will I have to make it custom?

I see some people have "advanced insert" menus - I assume that's custom?

I have discovered that this add-on causes the following error in good enough blogs when you try to save a blog comment:

The following error occurred:
Please type the message you want to reply with

If you then wait with the typed comment in the editor for about 10 seconds, you can click Post Reply again and it will work. Very odd.

Switching to the default editor solves the problem.

@cclaerhout

umm @cclaerhout is this still being maintained? hope you have not abandoned us all. Or @Mike do u know if this will be ever being built into core of Xenforo? it a very popular universal editor out there... maybe XF 2.0? TinyMCE

I hope @cclaerhout ports this to xen 2.0. Without it, I would not be able to make the move to xen 2.0.

i feel you i been using this plugin ever since i started using Xenforo, i believe from 1.2x or earlier...

my life would collapse if this doesn't get built it or support is not added for XF 2.0

Maybe somebody can help me.

Not sure if it is just on our forum but when I click on "reply" in a post the text from the posting doesn't get copied in the reply. The Multi quote function shows me all the quotes in a popup but not able to paste them in the reply either.
Thanks for any help

Top Bottom