[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download
Can someone please explain what a hashtag is and what it does exactly?

I installed this and enabled hashtags and added a few in posts, but when I click on one of them I expected there to be a list of all of them, but ther was only one.

So I wondered what exactly is supposed to happen?

Thanks

I'm getting a similar problem. I'm administrator. I tag several posts. Other users (and guests) can see them, but I can only see the first one.

URL to tag page (should have at least five)
https://www.metabunk.org/tags/chemtrails/

I only the see the middle one ("leaker").

UPDATE: Then a non-admin user tags a page. I (admin) can now see all six, but the user can only see the previous five

UPDATE 2: Possibly something to do with caching search results? They seem to show up after a while. Search results are presumably cached differently for different users based on permissions.

Last edited:
I'm getting a similar problem. I'm administrator. I tag several posts. Other users (and guests) can see them, but I can only see the first one.

URL to tag page (should have at least five)
https://www.metabunk.org/tags/chemtrails/

I only the see the middle one ("leaker").

UPDATE: Then a non-admin user tags a page. I (admin) can now see all six, but the user can only see the previous five

UPDATE 2: Possibly something to do with caching search results? They seem to show up after a while. Search results are presumably cached differently for different users based on permissions.

No worry, tag pages were cached for sometime.

I would also like to disable 'Watched Tags' from navigation menu. Can do without template edits?

Currently impossible. But if someone doesn't have permission, they can't see it.

@Dinh Thanh
This addon looks great!

But with the auto linker tag functionality for the first post of a thread, I've got some threads which take over 5 seconds todo this and then gets killed by a timeout.

The error message is consistently around "library/Tinhte/XenTag/Helper.php:57" or so (all several thousand of them).

The post is quite large, and full of complex bbcode; (ref) so I wonder what the auto-linker is doing to blow out page load times so consistently.

Last edited:
@Dinh Thanh
This addon looks great!

But with the auto linker tag functionality for the first post of a thread, I've got some threads which take over 5 seconds todo this and then gets killed by a timeout.

The error message is consistently around "library/Tinhte/XenTag/Helper.php:57" or so (all several thousand of them).

The post is quite large, and full of complex bbcode; (ref) so I wonder what the auto-linker is doing to blow out page load times so consistently.

Confirm, this feature should be improved. @xfrocks is working a solution to improve it.

Last edited:
Confirm, this feature should be improved. @xfrocks is working a solution on how studying how to improve it.
Great to hear, and thank you for the prompt reply.

I've noticed complex bbcode & long posts has tripped up a few addons I've tried and exposes some performance bugs in Xenforo itself.

Anyone know a query that I could use to delete all tags that have a content count of 1 or less. I allowed some users to add tags to threads and they went on a rampage of useless tags. Still hoping for logging some day to be added to combat this.

Confirm, this feature should be improved. @xfrocks is working a solution to improve it.
@xfocks, I've also had a case where saving a post (ref) timed out (5 second timeout) due to parsing & rendering the bbcode for the entire post for what I presume is to enable to the hashtag bbcode.

Under xdebug, saving the post takes ~9 seconds and generates a 132mb trace file. Yes, I'm aware that the linked post is probably a crazy complex example.

How can I remove forums from showing up in searches and postings? everytime I create a thread the forum is added also below.

Em, it may already been mentioned, but the add-on currently adds over 100 queries to our homepage. Does it really make a query per tag or the problem is somewhere else?

Edit: Disabling "use hashtag" dropped them down.

Last edited:
Adding a hashtag to the first post of an existing thread adds it to the tag cloud but doesn't add the tag to the bottom of the thread. We a search rebuild pick this up?

Top Bottom