[Tinhte] Image Attachment Optimization & CDN Support

[Tinhte] Image Attachment Optimization 2.3.0 20170315

No permission to download
@TheBigK, this addon only allow you use your cdn url for image attachments, not setup CDN for you. You have to setup cdn with your providers.

If you used www then you aren't using the CDN.
Are you absolutely sure about this? The images aren't following user permissions, but they do when I disable the addon.

@TheBigK, this addon only allow you use your cdn url for image attachments, not setup CDN for you. You have to setup cdn with your providers.

Yeah - I've setup Cloudfront several times in the past; so I know how it works. The only concern was the images were not being served from "data.crazyengineers.com". I changed the CDN domain to www.crazyengineers.com; and it's working as I expected. But I still don't know whether the images are being served from CDN. Is there any way to find that out?

What is data.crazyengineers.com pointed to in your DNS settings?

www points to your web server which is why it works.

Are you absolutely sure about this? The images aren't following user permissions, but they do when I disable the addon.

Yeah - I've setup Cloudfront several times in the past; so I know how it works. The only concern was the images were not being served from "data.crazyengineers.com". I changed the CDN domain to www.crazyengineers.com; and it's working as I expected. But I still don't know whether the images are being served from CDN. Is there any way to find that out?

Give me an sample url with CDN that you have on your CDN.

It's not. It's www, not from your cdn.
I've done the following so far -

1. Updated my DNS zone file with CNAME record: data.crazyengineers.com to point to the Cloudfront Domain <somecode.cloudfront.net>.

2. Images are served fine from <somecode.cloudfront.net/attachments/....> in the posts.

3. In the admincp options, I set the CDN domain to data.crazyengineers.com.

However, the images don't load when I make that entry in the admincp.

Which step am I missing?

Give me any image attachment url with data.crazyengineers.com (like data.crazyengineers.com/attachmenents/...), this come from you cloudfront. Besure your cloudfront setup was completed & successful

Hello, I've a "poor man" cdn that's practically another domain hosted outside my server farm. Can I use this addon to host all my attachments on this domain so that they're all served from this domain?

I mean, my forum is at forum.kog.it and I'd like my attachments served from www.anotherdomain.com.

I've to create some special folders on www.anotherdomain.com?

Last edited:
Turning on the image proxy (xenforo 1.3) and the cdn option for this add-on at the same time will cause your site to load very slowly (from my experience).

Of course XenForo 1.3 beta 1 is still beta software, so people should NOT ask for support in regarding this matter.

The solution is to either us one or the other (in my case, I turned off the CDN option in this add-on).

@Dinh Thanh I just recently installed [BD] Attachment store with S3 + Cloudfront and your addon isn't working with it. It causes thread pages to not load (blank screen) Do you have any idea what could be the problem? I never setup your addon to use cdn.

@Dinh Thanh I just recently installed [BD] Attachment store with S3 + Cloudfront and your addon isn't working with it. It causes thread pages to not load (blank screen) Do you have any idea what could be the problem? I never setup your addon to use cdn.

You shouldn't install both. Attachments in Attachments Store are not attachments anymore, they were stored as physical files with real filenames, don't need to optimise anymore. My addon can't optimise anything this case. So you should remove my addon to prevent conflicts.

Top Bottom