[Tinhte] Image Attachment Optimization & CDN Support

[Tinhte] Image Attachment Optimization 2.3.0 20170315

No permission to download
Interesting.
I'm running this with XF image proxy and cdn and don't seem to have any issues. What's the disclaimer about not working with XF proxy about? Should I be having problems?

It seems like if I set my externalDataUrl in config.php to //endlesshorizon-4b79.kxcdn.com/data (without the HTTPS protocol), enabling CDN domain will make the add-on simply append the CDN domain to, for example:
Code:
//endlesshorizon-4b79.kxcdn.com/data/attachments/0/291-20c28fa88a6cceb4d0d76c01e2750a53.jpg
which ends up becoming:
Code:
https://endlesshorizon-4b79.kxcdn.com//endlesshorizon-4b79.kxcdn.com/data/attachments/0/291-20c28fa88a6cceb4d0d76c01e2750a53.jpg
So yeah, I end up with broken attachments everywhere.

EDIT: Never mind this. I ended up simply adding the HTTPS protocol back to everything. Besides, I created another KeyCDN pull zone with much shorter domain name, so there's no issue with adding the protocol imho.

Also, it does seem to work without issue with Image Proxy. I'm assuming the author simply meant that it's not going to do anything with proxy-ed images?

@melbo @BobbyWibowo I was wondering if you two still have XF Image proxy & this add-on running? Have you noticed any errors as of yet? I'm also running both at the moment and haven't noticed anything, would appreciate your input and @Dinh Thanh 's as well.

I do have both running. No issues.

I don't think there's a conflict, just that this won't affect proxy'd images. Has always worked for me.

i was hoping someone could clarify something for me.

i'm using cloudflare for dns and caching, but i don't know what domain to use in the options of this plugin for caching attachments. could someone help me with this? do i need to create a page rule for this to work?

1. (New) Support CDN for attachment images. You can serve these images via CloudFront, MaxCDN or other CDN services.
Is it possible for this to cater all kind of attached file, not just images?
Thanks!

For some reason scrolling the page with mouse will not work sometimes and on some smartphone you can't use the keyboard.

Last edited:
I used the [Tinhte] Image Attachment Optimization addon for years, and it worked perfectly to put photos on my KeyCDN.
I only had to check the CDN box in this addon and put in the CDN URL ;)

Me too, and I am absolutely dependent on this. Hoping @dihuta will make a version of this for XF2. Otherwise my photography forums will be stuck on XF1.x!

Such a real shame that this cannot be used in conjunction with proxied images. Proxy is essential if using https and using this with proxy enabled, breaks the images (stops them from loading.) So it's a real shame that it cannot be done as I think this is a serious add-on that helps with pagespeeds etc.
Is there any way it can be achieved with using proxy enabled images?

Top Bottom