[Tinhte] Image Attachment Optimization & CDN Support

[Tinhte] Image Attachment Optimization 2.3.0 20170315

No permission to download
I read @Chris D 's response to a query about resizing thumbnails displayed by the Media Gallery. He asked whether any CDN is being used on the site. Since we use this addon, and have problems getting the thumbnails resized - I decided to ask whether Image Attachment Optimisation plugin interferes with the gallery addon.
As far as I know it works with regular attachments only.

Interesting.
I'm running this with XF image proxy and cdn and don't seem to have any issues. What's the disclaimer about not working with XF proxy about? Should I be having problems?

Couple questions please:

1) I installed this. Does it work right away, or do I have to somehow turn it on?

Here is a page on one of my sites with several image attachments: http://www.talkemount.com/threads/13431/page-5

Can you tell if this addon is working on that page?

2) The setting "Display IMG Inside Quote - By default, a full attached image would not be displayed inside quote tag. Enable this might help you to show them."

This setting doesn't seem to do anything. Attached images show in full (resized with click to show full) inside quotes regardless of how I set this. Should I leave it checked?

Couple questions please:

1) I installed this. Does it work right away, or do I have to somehow turn it on?

Here is a page on one of my sites with several image attachments: http://www.talkemount.com/threads/13431/page-5

Can you tell if this addon is working on that page?

2) The setting "Display IMG Inside Quote - By default, a full attached image would not be displayed inside quote tag. Enable this might help you to show them."

This setting doesn't seem to do anything. Attached images show in full (resized with click to show full) inside quotes regardless of how I set this. Should I leave it checked?

1. work right away without doing anything.
2. I think this is not relate to this addon. This addon help you save queries on full size images.

The overview says "To have all benefits of using this add-on, you should turn on Xenforo Caching feature for your forum".

Where/how do we do this?

It seems like if I set my externalDataUrl in config.php to //endlesshorizon-4b79.kxcdn.com/data (without the HTTPS protocol), enabling CDN domain will make the add-on simply append the CDN domain to, for example:
Code:
//endlesshorizon-4b79.kxcdn.com/data/attachments/0/291-20c28fa88a6cceb4d0d76c01e2750a53.jpg
which ends up becoming:
Code:
https://endlesshorizon-4b79.kxcdn.com//endlesshorizon-4b79.kxcdn.com/data/attachments/0/291-20c28fa88a6cceb4d0d76c01e2750a53.jpg
So yeah, I end up with broken attachments everywhere.

EDIT: Never mind this. I ended up simply adding the HTTPS protocol back to everything. Besides, I created another KeyCDN pull zone with much shorter domain name, so there's no issue with adding the protocol imho.

Also, it does seem to work without issue with Image Proxy. I'm assuming the author simply meant that it's not going to do anything with proxy-ed images?

Last edited:
Hi, i get this error when installing on xf 1.5.10
Edit. Nevermind, solved now :)

Last edited:
Hi @Dinh Thanh

Thanks for this addon.
In my tests, this addon adds a 301 redirect for embedded images from the xf gallery in posts.
Is this the correct behavior?

Attachments

• iao.webp
    iao.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom