XF 1.3 Time limit on editing own posts

Dakis

Right, so I've got the registered global usergroup permission on this set to 30 minutes.

What I want to do is for a specific forum/forums, to give members the ability to edit own posts indefinitely. I tried setting that to "unlimited" on a specific forum and it doesn't seem to be working, members still don't have permission to edit their old posts. Could it be that the 30 minutes usergroup permission overrides the per-forum one?

I've read somewhere that the higher value would prevail, but in this case I can't get it to work with "unlimited".

Any ideas?

Thanks , the analyse permissions thing shows "unlimited" for the specific forum I tried it. But when I test permissions using a member's name, no edit buttons show up in his posts in that forum.

If you're using test permissions, the permissions are applied to you. You wouldn't be able to edit his posts -- you can edit your own posts though.

I'm having a related issue in that I want to restrict members to just a 5 minute window when they are in a certain usergroup (for people who serially alter their posts) - but it's not working because the registered usergroup has a higher value.

Is there any way to enforce the (lower) time editing window of the additional usergroup?

Top Bottom